Cpanel 11

Hello All,

This is one of the question we now concern about CPanel is going to move to version 11 in little days it`s now in the EDGE . and will be in stable and realase very soon are there any things gonna be changed this is very important because we are afraid that WHMCS may lose some options after Version 11 any how i stopped the auto update in WHM/CPanel until i get a clear ok from Matt personally. it`s business over here guys or what do you think

I wouldn't touch a new version of cPanel with a bargepole, let alone an EDGE version :D

Set it up on a test server (or VDS) and test it out, see how it goes....that's what we'll be doing when it goes stable :)

If your auto udpate setting on as soon as they set it to realase or edge you will be auto updated :) that`s why i turned off auto update . but we need a clearance from matt. also as Cpanel staff say it will be reaslese to Current in about 5 days

I wouldn't touch a new version of cPanel with a bargepole, let alone an EDGE version :D

Set it up on a test server (or VDS) and test it out, see how it goes....that's what we'll be doing when it goes stable :)

If your auto udpate setting on as soon as they set it to realase or edge you will be auto updated :) that`s why i turned off auto update . but we need a clearance from matt. also as Cpanel staff say it will be reaslese to Current in about 5 days

Nice :D

Cpanel 11 is not hitting STABLE this week as its just now graduating from EDGE to to RELEASE and CURRENT versions. So if your set for STABLE, then you wont get Cpanel 11 for a couple months.

Most Servers use Release or Current due to update and security so you gona be updated in next days

Cpanel 11 is not hitting STABLE this week as its just now graduating from EDGE to to RELEASE and CURRENT versions. So if your set for STABLE, then you wont get Cpanel 11 for a couple months.

Most Servers use Release or Current due to update and security so you gona be updated in next days

I wouldnt agree with that at all, they do apply security updates to STABLE right away as well. I run stable on all my servers and with my experience, most do NOT run current or release.

Most "clueless" hosts run Edge, and usually with automated updates, which is why every forum is full of winging about cpanel beingbroken etc etc

The majority of CPanel server admins I know run Stable, because thats what they want their business to be :lol:

Either way , WHMCS needs to fully support CP11 very soon ...

We are running cPanel 11 and so far it has been very stable and RVSkin for it is very nice. We did some testing for a few months and figured it was time to give it a go. No problems or complaints from customers, only how much they like the new skin.

WHMCS has been creating accounts just fine and I have not seen a lot of issues with it supporting cPanel 11, but there maybe some underlying issues. Hopefully Matt can give us a peek into this.

- John

Is cPanel 11 that different that WHMCS doesn't work with it? I would imagine the wwwacct script and API are exactly the same. When I last looked it it, all it really was is a fancy skin upgrade. I'm guessing it will work without modification. But... that is only my guess.

EDIT: Make that 3 people who won't touch cPanel with any kind of poles =p

Is cPanel 11 that different that WHMCS doesn't work with it? I would imagine the wwwacct script and API are exactly the same. When I last looked it it, all it really was is a fancy skin upgrade. I'm guessing it will work without modification. But... that is only my guess.

EDIT: Make that 3 people who won't touch cPanel with any kind of poles =p

because of how WHMCS interacts with WHM, skin changes are actually a big deal when it comes to few items.

After many many hours Matt, cPanel & my self have now resolved the email piping problem in cPanel 11 :) Update will be released soon i suspect, if you need the new pipe file, then submit a ticket and im sure Matt will give it you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello jas,

we got the same problem with email piping, managed to get it fixed :), i think cPanel 11 is a nice design but i preffer cPanel 10 for stability.

What kind of stability issues are you having? Piping not working is not a stability issue. I havent moved to cpanel 11 yet because its not considered a STABLE release yet, but I am planning on moving to it once its been released. Please share your experience with it.