Online Data Corp

Roger

On Friday, I called ModernGigabyte (home of ModernAuthorize), and they told me they had dealt with the problem with the upstream providers. There will be no minimim charge, and any charge that has occured will be reimbursed.

I'll guess we'll find out shortly if that's all true or not.

Thanks for all the great info so far!

I called them MG and Bluepay today and they both said we have 90 days to change packages or get out of our contract. There are not supposed to be any penalties. I for one am switching to CDGCommerce. Much better features/rates.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... MG told you something totally different from what they told me!!! Great :-(

I guess I'll call again tomorrow...

Which dept did you talk to at MG?

David. Tim SomethingErOther at bluepay is the liason to MG. I would recommend talking to him about it.

More info for the ODC victims... :)

Just talked to Adam at Blue Pay (Tim is at a trade show). Adam says:

FAX a copy of your letter from ODC that addresses the $25.00 charge to your account. If you want your BluePay account closed. Say so in the FAX. FAX number is 1-866-422-9385

In about 30 days, after BluePay has accumulated the FAXes they will send correspondence to ODC to have all those accounts dropped at ODC.

Heading for the FAX now ...

On the light side of this. When BluePay answered the phone. I said I'm an Online Data Corporation Victim. They knew exactly what I was talking about. They also volunteered that they have received many complaints in regard to ODC's actions.

HTH's guys.... 8)

When I spoke to Michelle at Bluepay Tuesday morning, she told me to fax to her a complaint at 866 481 8762

Totally different number from what you got... :shock:

I'm gonna call again tomorrow see what new version of the story they have to feed me. I'm am getting soooo tired of all this...

Well... I could be totally off base here. But from my conversation with Adam. I got the impression my FAX was going straight to his desk. So I figured some type of FAX to email on their end. Adam did say they where compiling the names via FAX.

How about a check amongst ODC victims for this: The letter that we received stated ODC's intent to charge a minimum of $25.00 starting May 1st. Today is May 3rd. I've seen nothing. Has anyone else seen an actual bill or deduction for this yet?. Or should I be looking for something in June for May.

My understanding of how this would work is:

During the month of May, you conduct your transactions (if any) and get charged fees accordingly.

At the end of the month of May, if Total_of_Fees < $25 then they charge you $25 - Total_of_Fees .

Of course, this would be logical, and nothing I've seen so far has been logical!!!

By the way, as of 05/03 morning, I have a pending charge of a few cents on my accounts even though I have conducted no transactions this month. I'm keeping a close eye on that. It may be some leftover fees from last month.

• 3 weeks later...

sweetness. I just got my CDGCommerce account approved yesterday and now have it setup and working. I called bluepay and Online Data Corp and they both said i could cancel my accounts with no type of extortion fees. Just have to send them a fax with my info and stating that i want to cancel. So glad to be away from ODC.

Just a note, this issue is with ODC and not Bluepay as Bluepay is now their own Tier 1 provider and they really wish they had nothing ever to do with ODC. If Bluepay could have matched the rates and services i am now getting from CDG, i would have stayed with them.

sweetness. I just got my CDGCommerce account approved yesterday and now have it setup and working. I called bluepay and Online Data Corp and they both said i could cancel my accounts with no type of extortion fees. Just have to send them a fax with my info and stating that i want to cancel. So glad to be away from ODC.

That's weird, it's the total opposite of what they told others!

- who do you need to fax? ODC? Bluepay? Both???

- how long had you been with them? Where you at the end of a 3yr contract?

Thx!

I had been with them for about a year, possibly two or more though. I think my contract with authorize.net was with them before as well. I had already talked to Bluepay about it and had already faxed them my cancellation letter. i am now doing the same with ODC. I asked if i had any type of fees that i would have to pay to cancel and i was put on hold, he looked into my records and said that i wouldnt have to pay anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody had something of importance happen?

I'm also in this situation although a little late on the ball (the letter looked fake so I tossed it).

The story from ODC hasn't changed that I signed a 3 year contract and must pay $350 to get out. They wouldn't fax me the contract though, only slugmail it :evil:

The original document that I have says nothing about contract length whatsoever.

As it stands now I'm waiting for ModernAuthorize to finally answer a support request (for once), but it's not looking hopeful. Supposedly my contract doesn't end until May 2009...

P.S. - I have been charged the fee for May, which brought my attention to this matter.

they told me they could only snail mail the contract to me too, but surprise, surprise, i never received it. When i submitted my cancellation letter and was told i wasnt going to be charged a cancellation fee, i said great. I will leave quietly, but if you even charge me a penny in cancellation fees, i will start a media campaign against you, file a complaint with the BBB, my local state rep, and a couple lawyers that are clients of mine and give me free services.

I think ODC is one of the shadiest companies i have ever dealt with. I cant stand them. I have switched to CDGCommerce and i am really liking their program. I now accept amex and discover now too. whoo hoo!

I wonder whatever happened to the BluePay collection of FAX's to cancel ODC accounts in one big swoop....

Mark when you canceled ODC you weren't inside that magic 30 day window were you? My magic windows starts later this month, I was not charged the $25.00 fee for last month. I would like to dump them now but have fears of rousing the evil-empire from it's sleep.

I think they are worse than shady. Here in Kentucky they put folks that do business as ODC does in jail. Call it fraud and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

These ODC "Evil Empire" guys are getting on my nerves and I only got one good one left. Everytime I talk to the thiefs a black cloud forms up over my head. I got like 9 days before I can dump them.

Had a one sided discussion wuth them where I told them I knew they violated the law by not sending me a copy of my agreement when I asked for it. So they are sending me one now. Also told them that if there is not anything in it where they can start charing a fee withou my approval that I would immediately contact 3 organizations. The Attorney General State of California, Attorney General State of Kentucky and the BBB. Also as MACscr did, told them I would mount a media campaign againest them.

It don't pay to PO old Marine Master Sergeants. Some say "It ain't over until the fat lady sings" I say "It ain't over until I win". If I still lived in that area. I'd be picketing on the sidewalk. Boy they make me mad .... Grrr

I never did get that copy of the agreement and it's been over 2 weeks.

Today I got ahold of John (at ODC) who I talked to 2 weeks ago to get that sent out. I asked him to fax me a copy and he said "I'm not going to do that", so I made some noise about being required to by law blah blah blah and he said that he could put in a request for it to be sent by mail again. HA! What a load of crap. If I didn't get it the first time, why am I going to get it now?

To make a long story short. My situation is probably a little different since I signed up through ModernAuthorize and BluePay. They had a special deal/contract so Online Data Corporation is doing their own thing with my account. I confirmed my information that I never sent ODC a signed contract directly so it's no surprise that I haven't gotten it in the mail from them. (But it was sickly amusing to hear John at ODC changing his story between me having a 3 year contract to having a 1 year contract then back)

Apparently in my situation, Bluepay became their own merchant instead of using ODC but they couldn't move their old customers over because of contracts. Since BluePay isn't signing any new accounts with ODC, they (ODC) are basically trying to get every penny that they can.

In light of the failure to produce evidence to me of any contract, let alone an 8 page one (the one I signed with MA was 3 pages), this problem has been practically resolved by an ACH block. They can take all the time they want to sort this mess out but not on my wallet.

To make a long story short. My situation is probably a little different since I signed up through ModernAuthorize and BluePay.
No different than most of us. I'm concerned about blocking the payment as I have no idea how or even if that would have an impact on my companys credit.

Maybe if enough ODC victims can get together and find a sympathetic attorney. Maybe some type of class action can be taken against them.

The advice I got (off the record), was that ODC would most likely not pursue further because we're just individual accounts. My understanding is that if they can't pull it from your account they may or may not send a bill which you can ignore.

But, I guess I'll cross that bridge if I come to it, but hopefully not.

Well, i just got some weird piece of mail (snail mail) with a bill saying that I owed $99.40 to United Bank Card for merchant processing. I have no idea who they are and how i would owe this money. I guess im going to have to wait till monday to find out as they are closed on the weekends. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a charge from ODC for canceling my account. We will see.

I think cdgcommerce uses UBC. as for this whole odc mess, I talked to bluepay again because i still had not received my refund of $25 that i was charged (i faxed a letter requesting refund as instructed to by them). I was told that odc was no longer issuing refunds and they pretty much told bluepay to shove it. off the record i was told to change my bank account numbers, and tell the bank that my account information has been compromised, and i will notify all of the authorized persons of my new account #, and to deny an charges to the old account. I was told that if odc attempted to pursue merchants for cancellation fees, that they would have a class action suit on their hands, and they would not want everyone complaining to their district attorney.

I just sent this to MasterCard via their contact form. It's a cry for help from the little guy but maybe they'll take pity on us. I also think that today starts my magic 30 day window to bail from ODC. Color me gone....

To MasterCard:

Help! That's the easiest way to put it. Perhaps this can directed to the right party. If there is one. This concerns Online Data Corporation (iPayment) and their unethical business techniques in processing your cards.

I'm a very small business, I had entered into an online agreement for credit card processing a year ago. The terms of that agreement were good for one in my situation. No monthly minimums. Actually I never used the service.

In April I received a letter from Online Data Corporation (iPayment) located in Calabasas, California stating that beginning in May. My account would incur a minimum monthly fee of $25.00.

The gateway company, BluePay. Says they have tried but there is nothing they can do and have since dropped business with ODC. ODC demands that a penalty fee from me to cancel early. Although as of today it seems I am within their magic 30 day window where I can now cancel the agreement.

I have asked ODC customer service to send me a copy of the agreement that says they can change the rules without my acceptance. First time, around the first of May. ODC agreeded to fax a copy of the agreement (to a toll free number) but they did not (customer service rep was Marvin). Second time I asked for a fax and was refused asked for a copy and they agreeded to mail a copy (customer service rep was Cameron). That was approximately 10 days ago.

Part of my small business is providing Web Hosting. In the online support community that I frequent. There are many that have been affected by ODC's business style. In short we are looking for a solution.

Can YOU help us, is what ODC's doing legit? How does a no minimums agreement turn into a $25.00 a month agreement to process your credit cards? Aren't they required to provide a copy of the agreements if asked?

Can you help us or is this the way it is?

Thanks,

-Roger

Holy Cow, I am on the phone with ODC now to cancel my agreement. I am so po'd!! Now they say they have no record of anyone ever telling me that my agreement was 1 year because it was done online. The last guy I talked to put a blatant lie in the records that I knew my account was a 3 year contract. Suddenly there is no record of any customer rep saying my account as a 1 year account.

They don't store copies of the agreement on site and are saying they don't know what my contract is. But in the same breath are saying it's a 3 year agreement!! When I questioned how could they say that if they can't look at the contract at the moment. The response was "All are typically 3 years".

So now I'm going to write the Kentucky Attorney General, The California Attorney General and the BBB. They have made a mistake po'ing this old Marine.