Hi,

I have people pay me in a number of different ways:

Cash / Direct Debit / Bank Transfer / paypal / etc

I want a payment gateway for each.

I have already used:

Mail-in payment as the cash gateway

bank transfer as that

paypal as that

I need to add a way that I can set my customer to direct debit. Then monthly i get a excel spreadsheet from the bank with a list of client payments. I would like to run a job to update the database from this sheet with who has paid.

I have 2 questions:

1. I need a copy of a gateway such as the "mail-in payment" gateway that I can use for this, how ?

2. When i manually edited the sql database to change an invoice to paid. although this works, the invoice shows as paid, and it show on the "list of invoices" as paid and in the total. The amount paid doesnt show up on any of the reports. Is there a better way I can update the invoice to paid without manually setting each invoice ?

Thankyou.

thanks John..

Regarding point 2 - i appreciate that i shouldnt do this, but from the wiki i cant really see a way of making it automated from my excel sheet. I have around 800 customers who pay me this way every month, so adding each payment to an invoice manually is obviously not an option !

any ideas ?

thanks John..

Regarding point 2 - i appreciate that i shouldnt do this, but from the wiki i cant really see a way of making it automated from my excel sheet. I have around 800 customers who pay me this way every month, so adding each payment to an invoice manually is obviously not an option !

any ideas ?

This solution assumes that in the excel report from the bank, their is a reference which would allow you to identify the client. You'll need some form of reference so as to get his/her invoices and then mark them as paid.

1. convert xls to csv

2. create a simple form to upload the csv file and have php input and parse it.

3. iterate through each row in the csv

4. extract client id from row

5. call api -> getinvoices with clientid=(client id from row) and status='Unpaid'

6. If client only has a single monthly invoice and this debit order relates to one invoice, you can call api -> updateinvoice and mark it as paid.

7. If client receives multiple monthly invoices and the debit order covers all of them, you'll need to mark them as paid on a first in first out or line item basis, and confirm that the amount received actually covers all invoices, then mark each one as paid.

*EDIT*

When marking as paid, there may be other fields that you'll need to update. ie: datepaid.

This solution assumes that in the excel report from the bank, their is a reference which would allow you to identify the client. You'll need some form of reference so as to get his/her invoices and then mark them as paid.

1. convert xls to csv

2. create a simple form to upload the csv file and have php input and parse it.

3. iterate through each row in the csv

4. extract client id from row

5. call api -> getinvoices with clientid=(client id from row) and status='Unpaid'

6. If client only has a single monthly invoice and this debit order relates to one invoice, you can call api -> updateinvoice and mark it as paid.

7. If client receives multiple monthly invoices and the debit order covers all of them, you'll need to mark them as paid on a first in first out or line item basis, and confirm that the amount received actually covers all invoices, then mark each one as paid.

*EDIT*

When marking as paid, there may be other fields that you'll need to update. ie: datepaid.

thanks for the reply. yes the excel sheet would include the Client ID. client would only have one monthly invoice so looks quite straightforward from your solution - much appreciated.

• 1 month later...