WHM Package Import?

• WHMCS CEO

With importing packages - all that would be imported is the package name - which takes maybe a few seconds to type in - so what's the point? It can't import pricing as WHM doesn't hold that info so I don't see any benefit of a WHM Package Import.

Matt

With importing packages - all that would be imported is the package name - which takes maybe a few seconds to type in - so what's the point? It can't import pricing as WHM doesn't hold that info so I don't see any benefit of a WHM Package Import.

The Package also holds the setup of all the limitations - space, transfer, emails etc. so there would be a benefit to the WHM-Import script listing, showing and importing the packages, and even giving the option to only import accounts on a certain package.

Also, any plans for a Plesk import ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Cpanel / WHM only requires the package name for this, it doesn't need to import all of the limitations, the only reason to do that would be to specify them manually, which i don't see a point to do. modernbill did this ONLY because previous versions would not make the appropriate call to cpanel when creating packages (specifically reseller packages)

The package name is all that is required if you click on Cpanel to create a new account, there is a manual option, but thats why you can create another customized package..

Just my 2 cents...

• 5 weeks later...

So, if I have 6 packages on one WHM instance, which are replicated in WHMCS, and I am moving to another hosting company, what needs to happen for optimal smoothness of the transfer?

Should I replicate the packages manually on the new server? Is there a way to pump them down to the new server from WHMCS?

My new host is importing the cPanel domains for me, but it seems that I recall from prior moves that the move works better if the packages exist first. Matt is implying that only the name needs to exist, but then where do the limits come from on the newly replicated domain, if only WHMCS knows about them. Or will WHMCS create the package if it doesn't exist already?

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,

Ken

If you are moving to a new server, then you should have your host or yourself move your reseller account first! and then make sure all of the reseller packages were moved, if not then re-create them and then continue transferring your other cpanel client accounts over, once you're done with this then do the following in WHMCS

go to "servers" make sure you change the access key to the one from your NEW server

change the IP address of the server to your new server

Change the IP addresses of your nameservers (if you have your own) otherwise just change the nameservers and IP's to the new servers

Once you do this see if you can suspend or unsuspend an account on the server if it works you're done.

Why is it important? I had one host who had a setup where no particular domain was "special" or reseller, but I forget the details. I think that I just had a WHM login that wasn't tied to any domain.

Anyway, because the reseller domain is the largest, I am tempted to move it last, and use the smaller and less important ones as testers.

Thanks for the tips. I'll intend to report back...

Ken

The reason you want to move the reseller domain first is because of the permissions over the other accounts under it that it has. You also want the nameservers registered to the new server IP's, if you move accounts forst you risk orphaning the accounts and having to go back into the server as root to re-assign the accounts to your reseller, if you dont own the server/vps this could involve more time from your host to do this, and they may charge you for the time.

• 6 months later...