GoogleApps WHMCS Addon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I dont use DA at all, so its not likely. But if I get enough interest I will setup a box and work on it.

another "interest".

I'm willing to help with some testings on my DA installation if you want...

Frank

thats great

I would also like to find a way to allow this to be used for server clients who run WHM (using other modules such as autorelease and xen in WHMCS)

we add their server details and hashs into whmcs so is there a way to work with it in that manner?

More than happy to pay for the changes to get it to work in this manner

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank,

I´m sort of unclear with how it exactly works but gather that it´s an easy way for my clients to start using Google Apps for their email and calendering needs, etc..

They´ll essentially be able to select that they want to use Google Apps, click ok, and it´s ready? Are they supplied a signup link to complete the process or is this something that I as admin configure and click ok?

Thanks. A really clear screencast would be awesome. Maybe I can do it for you and trade up ? (:

Cordially,

Marco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to confirm. If you delete the lines from 127 to 141, the module works fine for resellers.

Those lines try to obtain the list of domains under the reseller account. Deleting those lines allow resellers only to install Google Apps on their account, but it also makes it work fine and faster.

Also, it seems the AddZoneRecord CPanel API doesn't support TXT (SPF) records: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/SoftwareDevelopmentKit/AddZoneRecord so we won't be able to add SPF for the time being.

• 2 months later...

Also, it seems the AddZoneRecord CPanel API doesn't support TXT (SPF) records: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/SoftwareDevelopmentKit/AddZoneRecord so we won't be able to add SPF for the time being.

it should, what makes you think it doesnt? The type definition should let you use whatever you want.

type (string) — The type of zone record being added.

Example: A, CNAME, NS, etc. 

I just havent had time to fully implement it yet.

I would be interested in this module if it was a tad more generic. Would like to be able to let the customers chose between local, exchange and google.

Exchange? Thats a bit beyond the scope of this module. It lets you select either local or Google for the MX settings. You could buy the unencoded version and make the changes yourself if you wanted to. PM me if you want and I'll give you the unencoded price.

Exchange? Thats a bit beyond the scope of this module. It lets you select either local or Google for the MX settings. You could buy the unencoded version and make the changes yourself if you wanted to. PM me if you want and I'll give you the unencoded price.

Maybe you are right. Though I have a feeling that more than I would be interested in a more flexible variant where you could add your own dns-"templates" that customer could chose from.

Even if I bought the unencoded module, I'm not sure if I'm even able to complete the functionality I'm looking for. =)

/Tommy