VPS Automatic cPanel License Ordering and Cancellation through buycPanel.com

I've written a module that will order a cPanel License for a VPS when it's created using WHMCS (be it manually or automatically) and will also terminate that license when the VPS itself is terminated. This is version 1.0 and currently I'm only supporting SolusVM however I plan on supporting all VPS Modules for WHMCS as well as giving more options such as whether or not licenses should automatically be terminated.

You can trial the module for 15 days for free to see if you like it and then you can lease the module for $10 per month or own a license for $150.

If you have any questions at all you're welcome to respond to this thread and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

You can obtain the trial as well as the full version at http://www.mikedvb.com/software/cart.php

Anybody running any of the other VPS modules - if you want support for your module just drop me a PM and I'll work with you to get you a copy.

Is it possible to set this as a product addon ? And if they select this then it orders the vps license ? If they choose not to have the vps cpanel license addon it doesn't do anything then,

Cheers

It is possible to do that, this is first release so I haven't built a management front-end yet to manage the settings however that is something I will add to the to-do list for the next revision. If you want to drop me a PM with the details of the configurable option name and values I'll go ahead and build it into a version for you.

The module has been upgraded to version 1.0.1 and now includes the option to select which configurable option will trigger ordering/canceling the cPanel license. The module also now supports all VPS modules and can be used for dedicated server orders as well.

Complete details can be found at http://www.mikedvb.com/software-packages/buycpanel-license-module-whmcs/.

Version 1.0.2 is released

Changelog:

Version 1.0

• Initial Release

Version 1.0.1

• Added the ability to provision licenses according to a product configurable option

Version 1.0.2

• Moved all configuration into the database
  • Added buycPanel License Module “Addon Module” (Utilities->Addon Modules) for managing settings.

EDIT: Have added you to MSN as I too would prefer to drive this from an add-on rather than a configurable option :)

It was nice speaking with you on MSN :)

I'll be adding the feature to the software to have the cPanel license process triggered by an add-on as well. I hope to have it added by Monday~Tuesday.

Hey Mike,

Module asks for the following, the first two of which are common sense however I'm a little unsure as to what the last is, please advise?

buycPanel.com Username

buycPanel.com API Key

buycPanel.com Domain on file

It's information that the buycPanel.com API asks for - you'd need to contact them to ask them what details you should put in.

Version 1.0.3 is released which includes the options to order Fantastico and RVSkin licenses in addition to cPanel licenses :)

http://www.mikedvb.com/software-packages/buycpanel-license-module-whmcs/

Still working on adding the ability to order licenses via add-ons, it's a fairly simple task but I'm working on a universal solution that isn't specific to any one provider or setup.

Looks like your websites been hacked dude...

Yeah, the RedHat Kernel Zero-Day (https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-40265 / https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=CVE-2010-3081) hit the server that the account was on.

Fortunately they didn't steal any data and just deleted data and copied defaced indexes everywhere. The server was rolled back via R1Soft to a point before the kernel exploit and now all is well :)

Good to see everythings sorted and you had backups ;-)

Yeah - we run R1Soft on all of our servers - we had to restore the entire server back to make sure that there were no backdoors left on the system that could potentially cause more damage in the future but thankfully all of the customer data was in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on the 'addon' side of things Mike, been waiting a fair while now :)
The Root exploit, followed by a DDoS on another server, and then I moved apartments - been pretty busy. I'm pushing out an update for this module that allows ordering via add-ons selected during the order process as well as the ordering of fantastico, rvskin, etc.

I hope to have it pushed to the site tonight, or tomorrow :)