Live Chat Addon Problems and Bugs

cyberneticos

Hello guys,

We have started using Livehelp from Stardevelop as an WHMCS integration. we finally got it working, with the help of Stardevelop directly becuase there where things in the wiki out of date and that were not correct.

We are 9 employees, and it is just working horribly for us. It's possible that this might be an isolated issue and it's working well for everyone else.

I am in constant contact with Stardevelop and they seem very interested in sorting out their bugs, and seem like a tight team.

Just want to know if anyone else is having issues like:

- Chat's not working. Visitors cannot see what operators are typing

- Chats open for more than 1 operator at once, creating confusion

- Operators cannot edit thier preferences unless Full administrator (security risk)

- At account creation, the icon assigned is not saved correctly

- The application takes for ever to load

- The application slows the workstation down

Please share your issues with this software so we can weed out some bugs. Let's help stardevelop make this software a tight integration with WHMCS ;)

Cheers

We have 2 people using the Star Develop Live Support software.

What we see is:

* Sometimes chats do not load up and causes Live Help to crash.

* Sometimes a user will quit the conversation, the software will still recognise them as being there.

* Sometimes a client will start a chat request, although they cannot see what we type to them (this ones the worst, especially with potential sales).

When we emailed Star Develop, they were more interested in getting their iphone apps out before making logical improvements to the core product. Go figure?

Changes are underway for an operator assigned to more than one department. New UI to attach email account for each department when you use the .net install and work in more than one department. We asked them to rip out the RSS feed aggregator and use the main page for useful information. Allow client to send a file and not just the live help operator..

Thank you for all the feedback, we are working towards addressing all these issues individually.

Sometimes a user will quit the conversation, the software will still recognise them as being there.).

If you are experiencing a crash with the Windows application then could you please forward us the error log file as shown at http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/kb/article/266/ We would like to troubleshoot and resolve the cause of any crashes with the Windows application.

Sometimes a user will quit the conversation, the software will still recognise them as being there.

Unfortunately all browsers will not detect the visitor has closed the popup chat window. We are planning to add a close button within the chat window that will send through the chat closed message to an operator, however it wouldn't guarantee an operator would use this button.

Sometimes a client will start a chat request, although they cannot see what we type to them (this ones the worst, especially with potential sales).

Please submit a ticket at http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/kb/ticket/ with an operator account for your installation so that we can troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!

Changes are underway for an operator assigned to more than one department. New UI to attach email account for each department when you use the .net install and work in more than one department. We asked them to rip out the RSS feed aggregator and use the main page for useful information. Allow client to send a file and not just the live help operator..

We are planning the new departments UI for an upcoming Live Help update. We will also be adding more critical information to the Home tab dashboard in the next major release (probably around v4.0). We would love to hear from you all what it the most important information that you would like to see in the Home tab area. We would like to have different information shown here for different operator types. For example the Full Administrators that manage other operators should be able to quickly view an audit trail of major events that have been occuring with other operators that they monitor. Let us know your thoughts here.

Sending files from the site visitor side is something that we hope to have added in a future release, however I doubt that this will make the v4.0 feature set.

Hello! Good to see you guys here. Feels great to know you guys have read our worries and will be looking to resolve them soon.

I think some interesting information to see on the home page (that I've never seen any other company do) is show a daily stats section. For example "Number of chat for the day" , and maybe even show how many of those were WHMCS logged in clients, missed chats, common search keywords, etc.." That stuff is usually what I ask my self what I login.

I'm sure other people can come up with other cool stuff to see right at start up.

¡Cheers and welcome!

Edited by cyberneticos

Hmmm,. a few more ideas:

- Show if visitor is coming from a WHMCS Affiliate or tracking Link :) That would be cool.

- Save/Export chat conversation to ticket, (to follow up with a ticket). this would also be really cool.

- See what customer has in his shopping cart :)

So many things we could do with this integration!

I think some interesting information to see on the home page (that I've never seen any other company do) is show a daily stats section. For example "Number of chat for the day" , and maybe even show how many of those were WHMCS logged in clients, missed chats, common search keywords, etc.." That stuff is usually what I ask my self what I login.

Thank you for the kind welcome. Yes, a daily summary with statistics like you have suggested would be great with the administrator accounts that are monitoring other operator accounts. For the lower access level accounts, we were thinking of displaying the operators most recent chats, and maybe integrating with the WHMCS KB articles and showing any new articles here that operators may need to catch up on.

Also, we have sent you an email regarding the issues you described in your forum post.

Hmmm,. a few more ideas:

- Show if visitor is coming from a WHMCS Affiliate or tracking Link :) That would be cool.

- Save/Export chat conversation to ticket, (to follow up with a ticket). this would also be really cool.

- See what customer has in his shopping cart :)

So many things we could do with this integration!

It already shows Referrer and click history so you should see the add to cart URL and gID, pID

I'm talking about seing the actual products in a basket type setting, not the url with the product id in it. Something so we can "humanly" see what they are purchasing (without having to go into your DB and search for product ids)

Could be pretty interesting. That way we're more prepared for the sales pitch ;)

- Chat's not working. Visitors cannot see what operators are typing

- The application takes for ever to load

- The application slows the workstation down

Cheers

Further to the above we're not seeing chat logs getting saved as tickets. It happened once then it never worked again

I didn't know it could save chats to tickets.

You sure about that ?

Yes, if the chatting visitor is logged into WHMCS and the Quick Links are shown within the chat window then a closed ticket will be added to their WHMCS account. The ticket is created when their chat window is closed (certain browsers may not detect this, most will however) or when the operator closes the chat using the Close Chat menu option.

Further to the above we're not seeing chat logs getting saved as tickets. It happened once then it never worked again

Please contact us directly if you need technical support at http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/kb/ticket/

Hello, we are still not using the chat, just waiting for some of the bugs to be weeded out.

When can we expect a bug fix release?

We are currently working on improving the performance of the Windows application. We located a performance issue when loading the History tab that we have resolved for the next Windows application build.

Can you please contact us directly via. email for technical support regarding the chat message delivery issue? We would like to test your Live Help installation to troubleshoot that issue as we are not experiencing that within any of our test environments.

I had the same problems as the OP, if you have them just ask WHMCS support for Money back. Those Problems are KNOWN and are not solved since month. I think WHMCS should stop the cooperation. WHMCS is a high quality Product, the Live Chat isn't.

Other Live Help Software might not look that nice, but EVERY live chat addon outside is more stable than the product from Stardev.

I disagree,

The chat may have some bugs, but it's a nice product and unique for WHMCS users. I have used kayako and livezilla for years. I know what a high quality chat system is.

But the issue here is not quality, it's just a few bugs, that once weeded out, I bet my balls you're going to start using it.

Cheers

Edited by cyberneticos