Recommend Domain Reseller

dotman

I currently use SRSPlus but have decided to change to another registrar for better integration. I've gone through all the resellers that whmcs currently works with and still not sure of a choice. I've searched for reviews on all of them and there seems to be good and bad about them all, at least with user reviews. What I'm looking for:

Flexible Integration with WHMCS and in general. I want to allow users to search for a domain then purchase it. I would also look for a decent script that does the searching and displaying so the API for the registrar should support this (if this is actually done with the registrar, not sure if it is. the searching can be done separately). I also want to provide WHOIS searches. I want seamlessly integrate all this into my site so the API should be sound.

Preferrably a US or CA or UK registrar with at least email or chat support that is available when needed.

A Registrar that isn't going to steal or hold my domains hostage. I've personally had experience with this and it is a nightmare. Probably my biggest requirement.

Nice user interface to manage domains - for me the administrator and for the client.

Private, white label solution.

Okay, that should limit the possibilities... I've somewhat narrowed this down to:

OpenSRS

NetEarthOne

Enom

Internet.bs

From what I've read Enom has the best integration. But, they also seemed to have the worst reviews when it comes to holding onto your domain if you need to transfer out. Anyone have experience with this?

OpenSRS looks good but more expensive. Anyone use these guys?

NetEarthOne.. Don't know what to think. Good prices, though.

I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

From what I've read Enom has the best integration. But, they also seemed to have the worst reviews when it comes to holding onto your domain if you need to transfer out. Anyone have experience with this?

Enom is very good. Personally, we've never had any problems transferring domains away from them.

Regarding support, you won't get that with Enom any more unless you open an account directly with them. They expect you to go to whoever supplies your free account for support.

We register all available TLDs with ResellerClub primarily, utilizing eNom for any TLDs not supported by ResellerClub. We prefer ResellerClub as we find them to be cheaper than eNom. eNom is also who we use as our digital certificate provider, namely because we don't have a module readily available for ResellerClub; otherwise, we'd use them for the certs as well.

We have used Enom since 2007, but lately have been using netearthone more (Since October of last year).

I have found netearthone more helpful in the support area then ENOM and we are slowly moving our domains out to netearthone. The first three no problems. The two that we have just done it took longer then it should. First there were problems with the EPP codes then ENOM took it's time to release them. (They released them only after a support ticket was filled out. Were told that our supplier was responsible for support but explained that this really had nothing to do with a tech problem but a problem of unauthorized holding. Domains released that same day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
No one named Godaddy, isn't it good ?

I've been a GoDaddy (WildWestDomains.com) reseller for many years.

Pros

• Excellent Prices ($8.00 for a .com; enom: $9.25, resellerclub: $8.95)
  • Easy-to-use control panel for customers
  • Easy-to-use control panel for resellers
  • API Reseller interface is available (but see Cons below)
  • Huge upselling opportunities exist

Cons

• No integration with WHMCS (you'll need a programmer to design a module to do this)
  • Domain support comes from you, the reseller, instead of GoDaddy/WildWestDomains
  • You'll need to keep the account funded

As a new Whmcs user, I'm trying to decide if I want to write my own module to integrate with Whmcs. If I do, I'll probably sell it to recoup development costs.

GoDaddy/WildWestDomains is such a hugely-popular domain sales company... I would have thought that there would be a domain provisioning module available for GoDaddy/WildWestDomains.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a company to use too but couldn't decide on one specific one i wanted....

So who did i end up using? DynaDot

I've used them for all my domain purchases because of their support and very clean and simple website.

Plus their prices are some of the best you can find! (have to spend over $500)

http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices_bulk.html

I had to also purchase the dynadot module for whmcs which works great.

PROS

No monthly/yearly/setup fees!!!!!

Cheap prices

Great Support

Easy Integration

Cons

Can only set nameservers

Basically the Dynadot module will only allow you to register the domain and it will then allow users to set the nameservers from their WHMCS customer panel.

Bad thing is you cannot set the contact WHOIS info to the customers unless you do it manually, so what do we do? We offer "FREE" domain privacy for every domain purchased with us, we set the contacts to be setup as our privacy contacts and voila...

It's not the best option but i hate having to have a complete separate control panel for customers for their domains...

Edited by HostT

• 4 weeks later...

We used eNom for a while, but in the past year or two have migrated most everything to NetEarthOne. Their prices are better in general, and support is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better. eNom still had the best SSL pricing we saw, however we are now looking at NetEarthOne's SSL reseller program which seems even better than eNom's based on what we've seen so far.

The only things we dislike about NEO:

...Uses LogicBoxes...not an attractive interface for end-users, but a moot point since everything is handled via WHMCS.

...A couple of domain functions could not be managed from WHMCS, but I understand that this has changed now.

Mark

NEO is by far the best domain reseller account you can get. We have been using them for years now and I am extremely happy with support, costs, flexibility and having someone to help out of needed is only a live chat or phone call away.

Kudos to Chris for providing the best domain service we have had since leaving ENOM.

• 1 year later...
We used eNom for a while, but in the past year or two have migrated most everything to NetEarthOne. Their prices are better in general, and support is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better. eNom still had the best SSL pricing we saw, however we are now looking at NetEarthOne's SSL reseller program which seems even better than eNom's based on what we've seen so far.

The only things we dislike about NEO:

...Uses LogicBoxes...not an attractive interface for end-users, but a moot point since everything is handled via WHMCS.

...A couple of domain functions could not be managed from WHMCS, but I understand that this has changed now.

Mark

This. Though I don't dislike LogicBoxes, I *HATE* it. Luckily, I hear NEO plans to move away from the LB platform (thankyouGod!). Really looking forward to that day! To my knowledge, everything that wasn't available to do with NEO (DNS Management, nameservers, etc) is now fully functional within WHMCS.

NEO has awesome support, LiveChat support, which really rocks since most of the time I have a question it's a quick question and one I don't want to wait for a reply. Their prices are lower than most but not rock-bottom. I'm fine with that. I'd rather pay a few cents more and have decent SUPPORT when I need it. We were resellers for eNom since 2003, and their support has continually gone down while their prices have gone up.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite domain reseller is Goddady, the trasacciones are safe and fast, have continued promotions and gift certificates that ultimately mean big savings and the support is excellent, fast answers are clear and concise

Regards