[NOT A BUG] Zero Dollar (0.00) Invoices

I am having an issue where if I manually add a recurring product order for a client, and do not want them to pay for it initially until the next billing cycle.

What I do is add it and tell it to not generate an invoice, and set to active. Then I select the product/services tab, set the First Payment Amount to $0.00, the due date to the date of the next billing cycle, and then the recurring amount left the same.

How do I stop it from sending a $0.00 invoice? That is highly confusing to my customers, who already get plenty of emails from us as it is?

• WHMCS CEO

This is not a bug. If you set the item to recurring and due with a $0 amount that is what will be invoiced. To not invoice at all you would need to just increment the next due date for the item to the next date you want them invoicing for manually. Or you could just apply a credit to the client to cover the first invoice so no actual balance is due when it generates.

Matt

Thanks for the reply Matt.

So say I want to manually add a recurring product to customer today to be invoiced on the first of next month for $10/mo. When I add it, I do not want them to be billed anything until Sept 1, and when they do it just is the usual rate. How would I enter it? Would I just put $10 in both the First Payment Amount field and the Recurring Amount field, and manually set the due date to Sept 1?

Please excuse my ignorance here, I appreciate your patience.

For this exact scenario I put "0.00" in the First Payment Amount and then the recurring amount in the Recurring field.

I also modify the invoice template to test for a zero dollar amount and adjust the text to reflect that there is no payment due on this invoice, etc. Just an idea.

For this exact scenario I put "0.00" in the First Payment Amount and then the recurring amount in the Recurring field.

I also modify the invoice template to test for a zero dollar amount and adjust the text to reflect that there is no payment due on this invoice, etc. Just an idea.

Oh interesting idea opt2bout! I didn't think about that. Thanks alot that will definitely help clear up some confusion for customers. WHMCS just sent out 10 $0.00 invoices this morning and already had three calls about it.