Maintenance page customization

Tens

Hello,

i know it may sound not vital for a lot of people, but i'm quite into full integration and i'm a little bit bothered by the design of the maintenance mode page (when clients lands on the "Down for maintenance message".

Is there a way to customize it or is it hard coded ?

If so, is it possible to only change the message "Down for maintenance". We can change the message below but not the title (I would like to put something like "count until 1,000,000 and maybe the original page will appear")

Tens.

If so, is it possible to only change the message "Down for maintenance". We can change the message below but not the title (I would like to put something like "count until 1,000,000 and maybe the original page will appear")

When changing data in Setup -> General Settings -> Maintenance Mode Message, it changes the text below the message "Down for maintenance", but that's all. This field doesn't even accept HTML code, so no way to customize the page global look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In fact you can just create an index.html and activate when you're doing your maintenance, but it is a manual process through the FTP.

If that field "maintenance mode message" could just accept HTML we could redirect that page to our personalized page. Right?!

solved!!! thank you so much

it is not a automatic solution but works in a manual way :)

Before I think you could edit the database table where this maintenance message is store and throw there the HTML code, but I tried and it didn't work, it just display the message with the HTML code :(

Before I think you could edit the database table where this maintenance message is store and throw there the HTML code, but I tried and it didn't work, it just display the message with the HTML

I tried as you say, modifying the db but I get the same result: an html code.

I think that the best result, is putting an index.html in the root directory of the whmcs. Whmcs should be consider these type of modifications to the future.

I tried as you say, modifying the db but I get the same result: an html code.

I think that the best result, is putting an index.html in the root directory of the whmcs. Whmcs should be consider these type of modifications to the future.

I agree, it is not a big deal for them.

They could just add some IDs or classes to the page or simply allow HTML code. That would be it.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I think its a minor thing. As it can be done manually.

Even so I find myself doing all the work on my development server and changing over in real-time. The only exception is for skinning where I verify the skins integrity. That usually only takes me a few minutes to verify.

You can setup a page called maintenance.php using your WHMCS skin (refer to documentations on how to do this) and use the following .htaccess code:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^11\.111\.111\.111

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/maintenance\.html$

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://domain.com/maintenance.html [R=307,L]

Changing the 11\.111\.111\.111 to your ip address. So simple! :)

One already exists

Yes sparky yours is the one that inspired me i am coding mine so that when you click a toggle button (like yours does) it creates offline.txt or deletes offline.txt

however instead of dieing with a different code like yours does... mine will redirect to offline.php for better customization.