Client addign Credit

sohouk

Got it now. Not too easy to spot !

One issue that has arisen is that you can’t add funds unless there is an order in place. The client gets a message ‘You must have at least one active order before you can add funds so you cannot proceed at the current time’

We have a client with hundreds of domains and the 'Add Funds' button does not appear on the home page under his address.

Not sure what the trigger is that causes it to appear but its annoying him as he can't put more credit on his account and we have to keep saying we are looking into it : (

Bilal,

Thanks for the swift response.

Your idea would work I guess, but then I have no idea when or how much they will want to deposit so raising an invoice in advance is a non-starter unless I am informed prior to the credit attempt which seems to negate the whole process.

Having re-read the threads I continually see the references to having at least one order.

I am assuming an ‘order’ simply means at least one transaction where the client has paid for a service (a domain / hosting / etc..)

In our case our client has hundreds of domains, as well as hosting. But, no ‘Add Funds’ button appears on his homepage so clearly there is a field that is incorrect.

I have raised a ticket with Support to see what could be wrong.

Welcome, Here order means at least One ACTIVE Product in Products / Services of that client.

Domains are NOT considered as product or services, they are just domains ;)

So if your client have hundreds of domains then just give him a small hosting account as a "Product" . By doing this you can achieve two goals.

One is that now he can add funds and secondly he will be very happy with your free hosting account offer.

However if you don't want to give hosting account then just make a new product for him example Premium Support, SSL Certificate , etc etc and add that product to his account . Your all problems will be solved by this way.

There is nothing wrong with WHMCS it's default settings. I have confirmed it on my test WHMCS installation.

Bilal,

That’s a good work round for a known client who wants to add funds.

But it would seem to be an awkward solution because we do not know in advance if a client (who has hosting or domains with us) will want to stock their accounts in future.

We only know about this incident because the client raised a support ticket.

BTW but you may have missed the fact that this client he does have an active hosting account ;)

Trevor

This is what the problem is - the 'Add-funds' button does not appear even when a client does have 'services'

I have raised a ticket with WHMCS support, so I will have to see if there is a solution.

Trevor

• 6 months later...

Sorry about posting to this old thread, but these answers are only semi correct. For clients that do have active products/services, but were imported from another billing system, they will have no orders, so I created a free hosting account that sets up nothing, has no fee and creates the needed order so clients can then add funds.

Having an order in the system seems to be the key ingredient here.

Having an 'active' order is as you mention the key ingredient.

I think the main point is that when importing from another system, there should be some sort of flag to tell WMCS that they are already ‘existing’ clients and do not need checking.

Otherwise a new, blank, order has to be created and be processed first. That may be fine for a few clients, but we had several thousands, all of whom were treated as ‘new’ by WHMCS : (

Trevor