Support Desk Opening New Tickets

sohouk

I’m not too clear on how the support desk is supposed to work.

If a user sends an email to our support email address it gets piped in to the support desk and a NEW ticket is created.

So far so good!

The user then gets an email back with our response and the subject line of that email contains the ticket number like this: [Ticket ID: 123456]

If the user then hits REPLY, rather than continue with the existing ticket, another NEW ticket gets opened like this [Ticket ID: 123457] in the support desk.

Is this correct, or is there a hidden setting somewhere that I have not understood fully?

Trevor

Err... Thats the link that I used to find out how to set it up! And, I have configured it exactly as the article advises.

You may recall that the question was;

If the user then hits REPLY, rather than continue with the existing ticket, another NEW ticket gets opened like this [Ticket ID: 123457] in the support desk.

Is this correct, or is there a hidden setting somewhere that I have not understood fully?

I can't see that the you give provides an answer to that question.

I'm checking this, but so far the answer is no - the subject field remains intact and original.

I was concerned because some email programs add a message 'id' or 'Re:' before the subject when replying.

I'm going to check the 232 headers and see if I can spot anything.

• 7 months later...