Domain already registered with us?

I set up a hosting account and selected "update namerservers" for the domain during the sign up process. I now want to cancel that and create that hosting account for a different client. I went into WHM and cancelled that account, but when I attempt to sign up for a new hosting account with that domain, I get the following message:

The domain you entered is already registered with us - you will need to cancel it prior to placing a new order

Where do I cancel this so that I can re-place an order for it?

I found it under products/services in the Client profile of the person I did not want to sign up for that hosting package. I clicked terminate, and was told that it successfully terminated. Why is it still appearing there, as thought its still a product that that client has purchased?

when you terminate an account in WHMCS, it simply removes it from the hosting control panel (cPanel / Plesk / etc), and marks it as terminated in the client's portal so he won't be billed for it again.

But, the domain still exists in WHMCS. The easier way todo this is to move it to the other client, in WHMCS > Client > Products & Services, in the top right hand corner is a light grey link "move service to other client". Do the same for the domain as well.