WHMCS Live Help Review

Si

is there any hotkeys or any pre-welcoming msg?

I think these can be set in the windows app, but how about the phone?

They is no hotkeys feature within the iPhone app, we have never experienced such a feature within the iPhone. The iPhone app will use the welcome message when the visitor's chat is accepted. This is the message that first appears to the site visitor when their chat is accepted, just like when using the Windows app.

The iPhone app supports tagged pre-typed responses. These are setup within the Windows application and will then be available on your iPhone during chats. For example if a customer types price or pricing, then all your pre-typed responses that are tagged with price or pricing will be accessible from the iPhone chat to quickly send to the chatting visitor.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They is no hotkeys feature within the iPhone app, we have never experienced such a feature within the iPhone. The iPhone app will use the welcome message when the visitor's chat is accepted. This is the message that first appears to the site visitor when their chat is accepted, just like when using the Windows app.

The iPhone app supports tagged pre-typed responses. These are setup within the Windows application and will then be available on your iPhone during chats. For example if a customer types price or pricing, then all your pre-typed responses that are tagged with price or pricing will be accessible from the iPhone chat to quickly send to the chatting visitor.

ah that sounds very neat! Thanks.

Does the the phone app also support invite chat? like if I wanted to invite someone to speak to me?

I just want this thread to note I installed LiveHelp purchased from WHMCS right around the first few days it was out (at least that's when I noticed it). I went through the install without any problems and licensing. There was one issue I cannot remember. I ended up emailing StarDevelop (or perhaps through the web form) and they replied after a day or so (they seem to reply within a day and a half, most likely due to timezone and the way they respond, which is just fine for this sort of software, IMHO) with an intelligent reply. The software is working fine, every once in a while it drops connection as Internet conditions fluctuate, I am glad it does that instead of doing an obnoxious persist, sometimes the truth hurts less!

There is one issue that I currently have with the History/logging which I have not yet reported and now that I have heard there is a new release scheduled I will wait, install the release, and then if the problem is still there query support.

As far as branding is concerned and user's perception. I believe at this point users are way too busy to care about the branding on a popup help window. If they get to the window and the window helps them they usually are quite satisfied with the results. So if the software works, fine! In the area of marketing, perception, and so forth then of course you want everything only branded to you to make your company stand out and look big, etc... I have seen well funded companies with less then perfect branding that seemed not to be troubled by it, and I have seen very small companies with perfect branding and broken systems which I can only wonder why their clients didn't come to me yet! :-):-P

At any rate StarDevelop seems like a good company that is worth supporting, otherwise I don't think Matt would have partnered with them in the first place!

There is one issue that I currently have with the History/logging which I have not yet reported and now that I have heard there is a new release scheduled I will wait, install the release, and then if the problem is still there query support.

Could you please let us know the issue you have been experiencing with the history / logging? We can then confirm if this is a known issue and if this is fixed within the upcoming v3.90 release for WHMCS customers.

Also, generally our Live Help is online during Australian business hours (GMT +10) if you need instant help and we are working on US / UK business hours for Live Chat next month.

Hey, Stardevelop...

My biggest issue is that you dont yet offer a Mac OS X client yet. I have a new and very small hosting company but (as everyone else) i hope to grow quickly. I know that you posted before with a quick reply to an inquiry about a MAC OS X client, but I was wondering if you had any more information for me (about a rough release date).

Or to other members...

I know that there are ways to use Windows programs on Mac (via 3rd party applications) but i have never really looked into it :oops:. Anyone have any suggestions?

I emailed support and they responded in a few hours and say they are currently working on a Android app - I went ahead and ordered/installed this and it does work well - the web app needs work but the Windows app is great, I had been using Livezilla for a couple years but here in the last month they have gotten tight - you have to pay $70/year for the Geo data, and any type of mobile app is a long way's away.

Great job Stardevelop!

Android is now the most popular mobile operating system - yes it has beaten iPhone! Does Stardevelop plan to put out a Android App?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/android-most-popular-operating-system-in-u-s-among-recent-smartphone-buyers/#

Yes, we are working on an Android app and also a Mac OS X desktop app along with our regular updates.

Android is now the most popular mobile operating system - yes it has beaten iPhone! Does Stardevelop plan to put out a Android App?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/android-most-popular-operating-system-in-u-s-among-recent-smartphone-buyers/#

Doesn't show that its beaten. It does show its growing but not beaten. (6 months it showing that it grew)

However the graphs show black berry is the top but declining, while iphone is in the middle, and android still bottom but growing. It might beat it soon but not yet.

Besides Android is almost on ALL carriers while iphone was only an exclusive provider.

however, since the iphone will be on verizon soon, CDMA will also help boost the iphone back a little due to its increase.

http://newstodaynews.com/iphone-leads-in-smartphones-market-share-in-2011-followed-by-the-blackberry-the-result-of-nielsen-poll/16375

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-11/google-s-android-likely-to-lose-as-verizon-gets-iphone.html

Edited by GNS_Harrison

No, it's at the top, the graph shows the green bar (Android) at the top on the right (Aug 10') (read it left to right like a book)

Android is 32%, iPhone is 25%, Blackberry 26%

top-recent-mobile-OS.png

Yes I heard about the Verizon contract and that the iPhone they are using is out dated. I just don't see how they can make it against Google - bye iPhone!

next update for the iPhone for the invite.

The invite feature is being included in the next update. I don't have a date that this update will be released as we are adding a few other improvements to the iPhone app.

Stardevelop ! If you release the android version it will be very great . How long should we wait?

We are currently working on the Android app, no details on a release date yet though. You can subscribe to our blog at http://blog.stardevelop.com/subscribe/ for any major release updates or follow our Twitter account.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the plugin, WOW! Very very nice integration! I tried LiveZilla, Zopim and Olark, loved them all especially Olark, but the Live Chat integration is just out of this world.

I have only a few tiny minor gripes:

- If you walk away from your computer and chat request comes in, it is easy to miss it It would be very helpful if the pop up could be made to stay (Livezilla has it). I know it is possible to do the same with the ringer, but that would drive us both crazy...

- When the Windows client goes into "Away" mode, it does not automatically become "online" again. It is easy to forget to manually set it, but can that be made automatic?

- And, finally, I want another avatar than the handful of Windows icons :D

Apart from that, kudos!! Very happy we purchased it!

PS A few future requests:

- Is it possible to add some automatic responses if the waiting time is longer than a few minutes? Most people would rather be treated friendly by a robot than be flatly ignored for 10 minutes :)

- it would be awesome if there could be an integration with the Knowledgebase (not likely, I know, but one can dream).

Edited by Sophia

• 3 months later...

here is my review

We have partnered with Stardevelop to bring you a market leading live chat and visitor tracking solution integrated seamlessly into WHMCS.

LIE!

Its not seamless. I still have to enter EVERY operator manually. That's not seamlees. There is no admin panel plugin. That's not seamless. The license verification obviously doesn't work, because mine is invalid, even after doing the "Update check" multiple times...

The install is a completely different site, instead of in the admin panel, just like every other module. (why is it even in the modules folder?)

I have to tell the windows program, that the install is IN he modules folder? whats that about? That's no seamless.

There is no difference between this and any other live chat system. NONE!

We are currently working on the Android app, no details on a release date yet though. You can subscribe to our blog at http://blog.stardevelop.com/subscribe/ for any major release updates or follow our Twitter account.

I got a DUMB question.. why do you have an android ICON on your website, if you don't even have an android app? sounds to me like a little bogus info on your site? Marketing scheme maybe?