What payment gateway do you recommend?

Sodak1d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Authorize.net is good. I have experience with LinikPoint gateway in the past. It works, but I don't like it. As you know authorize.net is integrated with WHMCS. To use it anyone should open a Merchant account. I like Chase Paymentech in the States, but there are many other good providers of online credit card processing services.

Hi guys, NEVER EVER trust 2Checkout i opened new account 2 or 3 weeks before and few days back they closed my account saying that "You have negative history with us". They also refunded all payments to my clients now I'm requesting my clients to pay again :(

Really i hate 2checkout.....

Hi guys, NEVER EVER trust 2Checkout i opened new account 2 or 3 weeks before and few days back they closed my account saying that "You have negative history with us". They also refunded all payments to my clients now I'm requesting my clients to pay again :(

Really i hate 2checkout.....

Do you really have negative history? Or was it false?

I am using them so far and they are "decent". Chargeback is tough because they do charge a fee not like PayPal & Google Checkout which is better but sometimes the challenge fee isn't even worth it ... $15 when you sell service for less than $15 a month?

Thats the only downside of 2checkout for me.

No buddy, They said me that i signed-up in December 2009 & had negative history with them.....I started web hosting business in April 2010. They are 110% wrong and when i asked for some kind of Proof then didn't provided me anything. This is the email i got from them:

Dear Slum Host | Web Hosting Services and Solutions,

The following notes have been added to your account.

Please review this information and take corrective action, if needed by: as soon as possible.

Details: Unfortunately, we cannot support your sign up because of your previous negative history with 2Checkout .Just as we understand and appreciate your right to sell a legal product, I hope that you will understand and appreciate our right to choose what our company will buy and sell and from whom. I’m afraid you will need to find an alternate solution for your business needs.

I will use Authorize.net or PayPal Website payment pro to accept credit cards because all other merchant gateway providers have some kind of hidden fee & cancellation fee as well.

We're using PayPal, 2CheckOut and Google Checkout. We have no need to sign up with a merchant account provider directly as clients are able to purchase using cards via the Gateways. Fees may be higher, but for a few extra cents, we don't have to go through the long process of setting up accounts and so on.

2Checkout is our recommended Gateway. Never had a problem with them at all, fees are lower than PayPal (although there is a small one-off setup fee, but very worth it). Customer Support isn't particularly brilliant, but they do have Live Chat at times throughout the day, which is sufficient.

I'm particularly happy with the actual Payoneer service that 2Checkout has partnered with. Supplied with a free Debit Card and can withdraw money anywhere. PayPal do have a Debit Card service available, but payments from PayPal do not automatically go onto the card and I find the PayPal card a nightmare to use. £3 it costs per withdrawal. Ouch.

PayPal do have a Debit Card service available, but payments from PayPal do not automatically go onto the card and I find the PayPal card a nightmare to use. £3 it costs per withdrawal. Ouch.

The paypal check card pulls directly from your paypal account like any other debit/check card. I use one on my personal account quite a bit and never had a problem using it (It has a mastercard logo on it). The only thing you want to avoid is using it for things like gas stations that place a hold on funds.

The ATM withdrawal fee sucks, but you'll get that with just about any bank card on a non-network ATM.

• 1 year later...
The ATM withdrawal fee sucks, but you'll get that with just about any bank card on a non-network ATM.

Replying very late3 to this thread to point out that if you use your PayPal Debit Card at a Chase ATM they don't charge the foreign card fee. You still have to pay the $1 to PayPal, but Chase doesn't charge a fee on the withdrawal. At least not so far for me. I was told that the reason is that PayPal debit cards are through Chase. I sometimes get the warning screen but I've never been charged the fee.

Another thing you can do is get cash-back at a Supermarket; they often have fairly high cash-back limits, and the entire transaction is treated as a purchase so there's no fee. I used to do that but it was driving my accountant crazy, so I now just use my local Chase (less than 1/4 mile from home) to withdraw cash, and pay the dollar. Or if I have the time, I let them transfer the funds to my business checking account.

Another thing I like about PayPal is they're very pro-active on finding fraudulent use. I remember one time my card was compromised and used in card-present transactions (don't ask me how; I still had the card in my pocket) five separate transactions in four separate locations, all within ten miles of my home, within one hour. PayPal noticed the pattern, and called to warn me before I was even aware of the problem.

And don't forget PayPal will (if you set it up) notify you by email in real-time, of all card usage.

All of the above, and the small rewards payout (as a credit to my PayPal account every month) make using the card worth it to me, and my accountant treats PayPal as if it were just another bank account.

Edited by nobaloney