Free Trial Download not working

Iceman

Question

I thought I'd download a demo. So I signed up for the free trial.

but I'm getting all sorts of errors.....

1. The file wont download.

2. Trying to login using another browser and the password isnt accepted.

...are there any problems with the webserver etc?

Cheers

Paul

Edit: Hmmm... it looks like no passwords on the site are being accepted as the demo is not working either.

4 answers to this question

Hi Matt,

It came right about 20min later. Defintely no problems at this end. :) When clicking the demo file to download I was getting a file not found error on that file after a longish delay, yet everything else was working fine on the site and loading quickly. Very strange.

The password error was peculiar as well. After resetting I was then able to login. I'm certain what I enterd was correct though as I "cheated" and simply cut and pasted it on signup and it was shown in plain text. Neither of the problems were browser specific as I tried Firefox as well as IE.

Oh well, never mind, I got hold of the demo eventually.

As for the online demo password problems, I wasnt aware that others could change it. Is that correct? Perhaps that may be worth disallowing so as to not "put off" potential customers, thinking that the demo instructions don't even work. :-D

On another note, I do find (like some others have reported) that the forums dont like IE (i.e. IE does not always load pages). The forum always works fine with Firefox but it definitely has issues with IE from time to time. I've tested this on several PCs with similar results. Very intermittent though.

Cheers,

Paul