Globalsign module config options

staher

Hi,

I am trying to follow the directions to add extra validity years as config options. The problem is it will take the first option and add it to the base price always. So the user ends up having the base price (1 year) PLUS the first option (in my case an additional year) added to their basket by default even if they want to order only one year. Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

The second question; does the config option parameters get passed also through the API to globalsign? i.e if someone actually adds say 2 extra years (total 3 years) purchase using the config options, will this be passed to Globalsign? The reason I ask, is in the module settings there is also a field for number of years, which I left at 1 as this is the base, so not sure what exactly will the globalsign system receive from a situation like this

Any help, pointers will be highly appreciated. thanx

Edit: I just noticed that I added this in the wrong place. Sorry, could a mod please move it to "technical issues and Questions"

Edited by staher

We didn't set a base price.

Just entered configurable options like so ...

Set Option Name to: ValidityPeriod|Validity Period

and the Options ...

12|1 Year -

24|2 Years -

36|3 Years -

48|4 Years -

60|5 Years -

and set yourpricing per option. also note, make the product a 1 time item, not recurring.

Thank you for the reply

Oh, I see, you left the actual price set to 0.00 and priced the first year in your config options.

Did you test and see if the correct parameters are passed to globalsign. I mean if some one chooses more than a year would that be reflected when they get the confirmation email, and on the steps to generate CSR etc...

This still isn't making sense to me. Here's the pricing on my Products / Services for an SSL item:

edit_product.png

As you can see, the base price is set to zero, as usadomains suggested. Here's the group, showing that the option group is assigned to the product above, and that the name of the option is ValidityPeriod|Validity Period:

config_opt_group.png

Finally, here's the options for that group:

options.png

The problem is, when I go to my cart, the Billing Cycle shows "$0.00 USD + $10.00 USD Setup Fee One Time" and - more alarming - the "Configurable Options" shows the Validity Period as 1 year, but with the MONTHLY price:

options_cart.png

If I then click "UpdateCart" it charges me the monthly amount instead of the yearly amount (plus the setup fee, of course):

options_cart2.png

What am I doing wrong, and how should this be set up??

• WHMCS Support Manager

This was resolved via ticket, but in case anyone else is wondering. The Monthly column of the configurable option screen is effectively the "Monthly / One Time" column, so you enter the annual price of the certificate there.

• 6 months later...
This was resolved via ticket, but in case anyone else is wondering. The Monthly column of the configurable option screen is effectively the "Monthly / One Time" column, so you enter the annual price of the certificate there.

This is a serious gotcha.

In a process like this which is not generally a daily activity, guidance on something like this really needs to be built into the page. Better yet - why not ask up front whether the configuration group is for a recurring or one time product and present an appropriate input page?

I second the request that this thread be moved to a more appropriate forum..

David

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have my payment sent to one time. I have the price set to 0. And then I have the prices set in configurable options. The problem with this is that it shows up on the product order page as 0.00 and then after selecting it shows 0.00 under billing cycle. Is there any way to fix this?