OpenSRS

sohouk

• 1 year later...

It looks like it has been a while since this thread was last answered. I found this paragraph in some WHNCS documentation at http://docs.whmcs.com/OpenSRS, but I can't find the table mod_opensrs in my WHMCS installation. Any ideas?

OpenSRS is unique in that each domain has its' own username and password, and just being the reseller that owns the domain is not enough to be able to manage it. Therefore in order to be able to manage domains registered with OpenSRS/ResellOne outside of WHMCS you will need to manually add the domains individual username & password directly to the mod_opensrs table of the database. This is in addition to adding the domain to WHMCS itself if it's not already in the database.

• 4 months later...

My question is if a client has purchased multiple domains, example 12345678.com/net/org its safe to assume based on the math above that the username would be "12345678" and the password would be c4ca4238a0 assuming his userid was 1 for the .com domain.

But what of the other domains? So if it takes the first 8 then all the usernames would be 12345678 and the password would change based on domain id.

So my question is, for this fix to work how should i enter the proper information in OpenSRS's domain management system.

Also since i'm on 5.1 i've tried the mod_opensrs table fix with out success.

the table is created, i've inserted "12345678.com" in domain, username & password in the right sections.

My testing was done with 2 domains on different TLD's. I cannot change the contact info, cannot get the EPP code (even if it says it will send it to the domain owner with a successful msg.)

Any help would be appreciated.

The password isn't stored anywhere by WHMCS, it's generated automatically each time it's needed. You would need to change the password in OpenSRS to match the dynamically generated password used by WHMCS:

The username is the first 8 characters of the domain without any punctuation. So for example whmcsdomains.com would be whmcsdom

The Password is the first 10 characters of the md5 of the domain id in the database, so if the id was 1 the password would be c4ca4238a0