Subdomains Setup

webboy

Hi Sorry to ask this question

I wish to offer subdomains on my server , but cannot seem to get this working at all?

I have followed the instruction to add the the domain name in the Products/Services (other tab)

but unsure where would the sub domain would be created ? eg what server what domain (hosting account)

as there is no option to put in the sub name when the user signs up on the form how would whmcs know where to add on a subdomain and create a folder for the account ?

also do i use the cpanel setting in Products/Services or do i leave this blank

Im Confused

Hi Sorry to ask this question

I wish to offer subdomains on my server , but cannot seem to get this working at all?

I have followed the instruction to add the the domain name in the Products/Services (other tab)

but unsure where would the sub domain would be created ? eg what server what domain (hosting account)

as there is no option to put in the sub name when the user signs up on the form how would whmcs know where to add on a subdomain and create a folder for the account ?

also do i use the cpanel setting in Products/Services or do i leave this blank

Im Confused

Hello,

First of all you will need to configure this in WHMCS. So start by logging in and clicking on products/services. Next configure the product/products you wish to set this up for. Click on the "other" tab and you will see a subdomain section. Add .yourdomain.com to this and click save. That's all you need to do for WHMCS.

If you are using a VPS/dedicated I believe their is an option in "tweak settings" to allow subdomains.

Regards,

Jack