Registerfly Under New Management

Dear fellow WHMCS License Holders,

Registerfly has released a statement to the domains that have been lost.

They are now under administration by a governed domain name registrar called Unified Names Inc,

Here is the full press release.

https://registerfly.com/official-announcement.html

I did complain to registerfly about 3 lost domains so i reported them to ICANN.

That announcement does sound intelligent, so I guess now it's a wait and see as to whether they improve. Still, if I was choosing a registrar I wouldn't go there ... they do make a good point implying they could have been watching the subsidiary a lot more carefully.

Yeah, I have some domains and can't renew it and offcourse they charged it, but nothing renewed. Does anyone know how transfer fast 40 domains to other registar, for example stargate or elsewhere but to be so fast, before they destroy all what I have there ?

Any yeah, don't work with them cause it is so hard to transfer domain from them. Just skip RFly and go to godaddy or elsewhere ;)

We too, had a few domains go expired. One is seemingly working again, but we cannot transfer any to RoverNIC.com. It seems to fail each time at the RegisterFly admin verification, although everything is correct.

By the new place has pretty decent pricing for resellers.

As it goes for Registerfly "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

If you pay cheap you get "CRAP"

I have since moved over to Stargate.

$8.50 domains / $5.75 renewals.

I have even purchased 2 dedicated servers from them.

I had my servers setup within 5 hours. That is lightening.

I'd recommend everyone to use Stargate.

Dom :D

Stargate is ICANN accredited. They are not resellers...

I've been using Stargate with no problems at all, and have a nice $6.95 reg. / $5.95 transfer account with them. Great company thus far.

They maybe are , why aren't they using the icann logo for accredited Registrars?

To make it clear i have absolutely nothing against stargate i never used them and maybe are good as you say .

i just looked and have seen they are using the directi api and reseller interface that made me think they are resellers.

Stargate Holdings is indeed a certified registrar... see icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html but at the same time they also resell Directi domains too. They must have some special arrangement.

Anyway, we decided to go with rovernic.com for the simple reason that the pricing is just as good ($6.99) plus they actually offer everything directi does. We have two accounts with them now for different businesses. We asked them for better pricing on their certs, for instance, and they will do it.

As a note, we did not go through their tiers as they have some plan where you can plunk down $500 and get excellent pricing on anything.

Also unlike most Directi resellers we are able to make credit card payments to them, and they don't take away any percentage.

Now I am just waiting until .uk becomes available and I'll be happy!

hehe... I said: They are accredited, but extend their offer with Directi

see this http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

Stargate is only certified for: .biz, .com, .info, .jobs, .name, .net, .org and not the others listed at their logicboxes-powered site.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you are happy with them great! I will check them out a bit more too, but am pretty satisfied with rovernic.