Force TOS when updated

What this module does is force your clients to agree to the new Terms or Service or they are denied access to there account.

Its pretty simple but effective as many sites now require you to agree to new terms or face having your account disabled and services terminated.

I will give the license away for free to the first 5 beta testers who want to try out this addon.

The annual cost is $15.00 - there is no owned license and upgrades will always be free.

To install this addon....

Import the file tblterms.sql into your WHMCS mysql database.using phpmyadmin or what ever else you can use.

Upload the files in the correct directory structure.

/ROOTPATH_FOR_WHMCS/terms.php

/ROOTPATH_FOR_WHMCS/tos.php

/ROOTPATH_FOR_WHMCS/includes/hooks/terms.php

/ROOTPATH_FOR_WHMCS/modules/admin/terms/terms.php

/ROOTPATH_FOR_WHMCS/templates/ACTIVE-TEMPLATE/tos.tpl

Edit the template file tos.tpl to suit your needs - becarefull to not remove the smarty codes !

The settings are located under the admin Addon Modules section - admin/addonmodules.php?module=terms.

Sample page will look like this.

Terms

On this page, it's possible to manage the "Terms of Service" modification.

Your current revision is 2.

Change revision

* Update revision (+1)

* Downgrade revision (-1)

What would you like to see?

* Users with the current revision (2)

* Users with a previous revision (<2)

* Users with revision

* Users who didn't accept the ToS yet

All feedback will be appreciated.

To be a tester you must reply to this thread and I will send you a link where you can signup and get your license key and the link to the file.

Edited by sgrayban

Will this module work if the TOS is stored outside the WHMCS directory? IE: In the root of the website

Example:

Our tos is at http://www.domain.com/policies/tos.php

Our WHMCS is at: http://www.domain.com/whmcs/

Cheers.

No. The tos.tpl has to be under your current template path.

The file I use is called tos.php which in turn opens the tos.tpl - in the tos.tpl there is a smarty syntax that can tell whether the url contains the ?accept variable which the smarty tag pickups and produces the accept button for the client to click on. If they don't click on accept they can never get into their client area.

Edited by sgrayban

Please i would lie to beta test this

What this module does is force your clients to agree to the new Terms or Service or they are denied access to there account.

Its pretty simple but effective as many sites now require you to agree to new terms or face having your account disabled and services terminated.

I will give the license away for free to the first 5 beta testers who want to try out this addon.

The annual cost is $15.00 - there is no owned license and upgrades will always be free.

All feedback will be appreciated.

To be a tester you must reply to this thread and I will send you a link where you can signup and get your license key and the link to the file.

I've done, but has nothing recorded.

Only when accessing the page that appears in the error 500.

There must be something in your error logs.

Edit your configuration.php and enable debug - $display_errors = "true";

If that doesn't work then enable apache debug logging but without a error reason I have no idea where to look. My initial testing did not have any problems.

In admin:

By listing the customers who accepted / not accepted, and click delete, it is erasing any revision version.

I believe he is not getting the client ID, because even when you click the name of the client, it opens the page: 'clientssummary.php?userid=' without the client ID.

Also you can manually test this by logging in as any client and going to /tos.php?action=accept

You should see....

You must agree to the new TOS to continue.

Scroll down and click the "I agree" button.

And at the bottom that accept button should show up.

Edited by sgrayban
fixed typo