Create Invoice: Paypal Users, Default Gateway shows Credit Card

I attempt to create an Manual Invoice for a Paypal client.

Bug: The Gateway defaults to 'Credit Card', However client has no record of paying using a Credit Card.

The preferred functionality would that the Create Invoice should default to the payment gateway as specified on the Payment Method on their original Order.

• 7 months later...

Bug: The Gateway defaults to 'Credit Card', However client has no record of paying using a Credit Card.

The preferred functionality would that the Create Invoice should default to the payment gateway as specified on the Payment Method on their original Order.

ditto - we should be able to set default payment method per client, and have that method be used for manual invoices

It defaults to the first gateway you have defined - just click "options" and change it :D

It defaults to the first gateway you have defined - just click "options" and change it :D

Sure, you could remember to change it each time, but why? I have 1000 clients, each has their own preferred payment method. I invoice various clients routinely for development services. Instead of having to look up how they paid last time, create invoice, go to options, change payment method, save and send invoice, why not: create invoice, save/send?

The point is: automation, fewer keystrokes = less chance of mistakes.

This actually bit one of my customers today. She is in Canada and has a "special" US credit card that can only be used X times a month for on-line purchases. Her default billing is PayPal and when I created a manual invoice it defaulted to Credit Card. I didnt' catch this and after working until 4 AM she was woken by her credit card company at 7 AM asking her why she has violated her terms of use and that they were going to charge back our automatic billing and cancel her card.