Integration with CrashPlan Pro / REST API (possible?)

uptimejeff

Can anyone comment on how much would be involved in integrating WHMCS with a CrashPlan Pro server?

CrashPlan Pro uses a well documented REST API to provision accounts. Overview/docs are here:

http://support.crashplanpro.com/doku.php/api?s[]=api

My goal would be for users to register and pay for a plan and to have WHMCS provision the account (add user, number of seats).

Some comments & challenges I can think of (I'm sure there are more)

- Registration/purchase via WHMCS would then create a new crashplan user (with seats/quote set based on the plan purchased)

- CrashPlan could email the login

- Is it possible (reasonable) for WHMCS to share the user credentials with CrashPlan (CP can use LDAP)

- Upgrades/downgrades and cancellations possible? (although I'm less concerned with this, I can handle this outside of whmcs if needed)

- Single sign-on possible so that WHMCS can be my customer portal? could it reverse proxy, or somehow otherwise integrate the web interface to crashplan?

Any ideas?

If anyone thinks the basics of this would be pretty straighforward (at minimum the registration/provisioning) <<removed>> let me know...

Thanks for any input !

Jeff

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...