How have you simplified the signup process

webberoo

Recently I have put a few people in front of my site and asked them to go through the sign-up process. Most of them commented that parts of the sign-up process are confusing. They suggested that the amount of confusion during the sign-up process was so great that they would go elsewhere for their hosting solution.

I would like to know what people here have down to simplify the sign-up process and dumb down some of the more technical parts of the sign-up process.

Which order form are you using?

I believe we are using the default order form.

Just to add to what I was saying in the op. My users are being discouraged primarily at the stage of registering a domain. So they have chosen a package (or clicked a direct link) and now the need to buy a domain. The wording for buying a .com.au is way too technical for the average user. Has anyone re-worded this part of this part of the order process?