[RESOLVED] "You cannot upgrade/downgrade this account"

MikeDVB

• WHMCS CEO

Nope, not silly. If the user was allowed to upgrade with the next renewal invoice already generated, they would pay the difference for the current period but could renew the next cycle at the lower price and therefore get the upgrade free for that month. The solution is the user just needs to pay the outstanding invoice before they upgrade.

Matt

Nope, not silly. If the user was allowed to upgrade with the next renewal invoice already generated, they would pay the difference for the current period but could renew the next cycle at the lower price and therefore get the upgrade free for that month. The solution is the user just needs to pay the outstanding invoice before they upgrade.

Matt

Since the invoice is attached to the renewal could WHMCS not simply notify the client that their outstanding invoice would be adjusted from (old value) to (new value) and would be due on date XX/YY/ZZ?

I know it's a bit more coding but it's a much better way to handle it - at the least... Maybe re-word the "Your payment is past due" to "You cannot upgrade while you have an outstanding invoice." If this is in the language file (it probably is) I'll just modify it there.

While I do not have a solution this is a problem for my company too. We mainly deal with corporate business customers that mail in checks and their payments lag 30-90 days but they pay for years. When they want to upgrade their account they cannot because of the outstanding invoices. It would be nice to have a way for these customers to upgrade with open invoices. Maybe a check on a package/service basis that allows this.

• 3 weeks later...
Since the invoice is attached to the renewal could WHMCS not simply notify the client that their outstanding invoice would be adjusted from (old value) to (new value) and would be due on date XX/YY/ZZ?

I know it's a bit more coding but it's a much better way to handle it - at the least... Maybe re-word the "Your payment is past due" to "You cannot upgrade while you have an outstanding invoice." If this is in the language file (it probably is) I'll just modify it there.

Do you know what lang file that is in? The wording is terrible.

Do you know what lang file that is in? The wording is terrible.

It's in the lang file you use, i.e. mine is:

/whmcs/lang/English.txt

Line 787: $_LANG["upgradeerroroverdue"] = "You cannot upgrade/downgrade this account because it is overdue on payment.";

• WHMCS CEO

For the sake of clarity, in the next release the default warning has been changed to the following:

You cannot currently upgrade or downgrade this product because an invoice has already been generated for the next renewal.

To proceed, please first pay the outstanding invoice and then you will be able to upgrade or downgrade immediately following that and be charged the difference or credited as appropriate.

Matt