popup invoices?

neobug103

I'm trying to find out how to make the invoice links open in a popup window instead of a new window. (I think it would look cool)

I know I've done it before but I lost that code and I'm trying to recreate a popup but i haven't been successful yet. I've tried various javascript popup methods all with no success.

If somebody has or can accomplish I would very much appreciate some help on how to do this.

As far as I know, jquery is for displaying images, not popup windows?

jquery can be used for a whole host of things. For example in whmcs all of the tabs that slide are using jquery tabs.

That link I posted to lightbox is pulling the images from a anchor link. I would think that the link could be to a invoice instead of an image.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, seems great.

There is a potential issue here though. If you click the view invoice for an unpaid invoice and your credit card either declined or whatnot, it will take you to the credit card details page for the client to enter the credit card info in there. Same thing for paypal when you pay an invoice, it would have to take you to paypal for that.

I think there is also a process that might try and open another window, not sure how that would be handled. I'll integrate this and perform extensive testing to make sure that all outgoing links and functions arising from the invoice page still function with this extension

I've tested this with paypal and it works great. However there seems to be an issue with credit cards. If you view an unpaid invoice and click the 'pay now' button nothing will happen. Something will happen but you have to close the window, re-open it and press the 'pay now' button again. Oddly enough it only works if you press the 'pay now' button two times before it redirects you to the credit card details page.

Thanks for the hint, it works (and looks) great.

Why isn't this integrated by default yet? :-P

Nice look! I wondered that myself actually :) I'm sure Matt will include it in the coming versions, then again that's why we have Smarty templates.

I've tested this with paypal and it works great. However there seems to be an issue with credit cards. If you view an unpaid invoice and click the 'pay now' button nothing will happen. Something will happen but you have to close the window, re-open it and press the 'pay now' button again. Oddly enough it only works if you press the 'pay now' button two times before it redirects you to the credit card details page.

Hm, I personally haven't gotten that far yet. I've been fiddling with the templates a lot, so I'll add this to the to-do list. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Hi guys...

Just a pointer, as I am a fan of the overlay feel.

To be able to get some even better looks and feels, head over to http://flowplayer.org/tools/index.html

The overlay system there is fabulous. Far lighter than lytebox, and you can do sooooo much more with it ;)

Our new template has some very interesting features thanks to this. Once I have it finished I will put some up :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...