Instructions: Easily adding WHMCS to Joomla

cix7medi

I did this integration the HARD way. Have a look:

http://www.homesitesource.com/

It involved recreating the header and foot from Joomla and adding that to WHMCS. It was a real headache.

But, there is hope! If you are using one of the latest versions of Joomla then the wrapper should actually work with auto height enabled (as long as your WHMCS installation resides on the same server as your Joomla installation. *The wrapper component often did not work properly with older versions.

Simply remove the header and footer from WHMCS then add links to WHMCS through Joomla's wrapper component. Be sure you use RELATIVE links to WHMCS instead of the full lengths (in the wrapper URL box). And under 'Parameters Advance] be sure both 'Auto Height' and 'Auto Add' are set to 'yes'.

I can explain more clearly later.

Good luck!

dear cix7medi,

i use joomla also, please note that using wrappers will not be accepted by most payment gateways, as you are running payment via frames. this can increase rick of fraudulent payments that remain unseen in your system.

yes i am currently building WHCMS with joomla front, i will post you the result once done.

cheers

redrat: Actually, if you read THIS thread again (slowly) you'll see that I am talking about something different from the other thread. As stated at the beginning of THIS thread notice:

"I did this integration the HARD way. Have a look:"

and...

"involved recreating the header and foot(er) from Joomla and adding that to WHMCS. It was a real headache."

Got it? Ok. That means what I did to get my site like that was NOT the same method I refer to in THIS thread. In the previous thread I was simply showcasing my site. In THIS thread I am telling the reader he/she can do a similar job much more easily than I did.

Yes, both threads refer to incorporating WHMCS into Joomla but, while the previous thread was posted in 'WHMCS Showcase' forum (to do just that - SHOWCASE THE SITE), only THIS thread (in Customisation and Integration Questions) offers details on how to achieve this task (again, through a means different from how I did it). Yes, I realize I did not post a question but obviously other forum members might benefit from answers given.

Edited by cix7medi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Can you please post step by step how you accomplished this? yes there are plenty of joomla threads but there isnt a clear cut one that gets to the nitty gritty of the problem with successful integration.

IMHO, our integration component for Joomla is the best integration available. No hard coding, no altering of databases and easy to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...