Reboot Dedicated Server Via WHMCS

DataHosts

Reboot Ability within WHMCS?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Reboot Ability within WHMCS?

Just wondering...would WHMCS clients be interested in the ability to have clients reboot thier dedicated servers. I am working on this and was wondering if this was something others may use?

Yeah, why not.

Also it would be great if each customer package (dedicated server) had a reboot e-mail.

So if the server is down the script could do a "ping IP" and if it's down sends an e-mail to the datacenter specified in the package custom fields, so you can have different e-mails/datacenters. :D

I would use it

Would really depend on the type of system implemented on reboot. Would have to build a socket to connect with say an APC switch to initiate the reboot. Could run into many problems with the various setups each datacenter may have.

You could though possibly use the server panels (Cpanel, DA, Plesk, etc) API to initiate a soft reboot.

You could though possibly use the server panels (Cpanel, DA, Plesk, etc) API to initiate a soft reboot.

If they can login to cPanel or other control panels, then whats the point of having WHMCS to have it? I mean couldn't they just type shutdown in SSH or CMD?

When I think of a reboot portal its more of when we can't login to the server due to x factors. So we tell our datacenter or if you have APC to reboot the server.

From,

Adam

If they can login to cPanel or other control panels, then whats the point of having WHMCS to have it? I mean couldn't they just type shutdown in SSH or CMD?

When I think of a reboot portal its more of when we can't login to the server due to x factors. So we tell our datacenter or if you have APC to reboot the server.

From,

Adam

That would be my point. There are alot of various options when a DC setups a server and how it should be rebooted. I know in mine servers are configured through an in-house application that checks for server status and dispatches an email. Has anyone looked into a solution to access the APC management? If you dont use APC what other solutions are you looking for. If you don't have any solutions and must ask a Tech to reboot it, how would a feature for WHMCS help at all?; the server is unresponsive to ANY and ALL web activity.

If you dont use APC what other solutions are you looking for. If you don't have any solutions and must ask a Tech to reboot it, how would a feature for WHMCS help at all?; the server is unresponsive to ANY and ALL web activity.

So you can ask that tech to reboot it. At the datacenters I'm at, I currently have to email them to reboot the server. Sure I can go ahead and get a private rack and setup APC however, I like the knowing that a person reboots the server. I have quite a few servers and when I send in a reboot request, most of the time its for Kernel updates. The good think about having a tech reboot the server is that if for some reason their is errors (fsck or kernel) they are their to fix it. Were APC just does reboots it or it it can't does a hard reboot.

But I already have a system like this in place, outside WHMCS a script I made that connects to my private witch and pulls bandwidth and real live stats of the servers. So not sure how other people want it in WHMCS. With each datacenter, theirs different systems they use so its hard to make a system that will work for everyone.

From,

Adam

If you dont use APC what other solutions are you looking for. If you don't have any solutions and must ask a Tech to reboot it, how would a feature for WHMCS help at all?; the server is unresponsive to ANY and ALL web activity.

So you can ask that tech to reboot it. At the datacenters I'm at, I currently have to email them to reboot the server. Sure I can go ahead and get a private rack and setup APC however, I like the knowing that a person reboots the server. I have quite a few servers and when I send in a reboot request, most of the time its for Kernel updates. The good think about having a tech reboot the server is that if for some reason their is errors (fsck or kernel) they are their to fix it. Were APC just does reboots it or it it can't does a hard reboot.

But I already have a system like this in place, outside WHMCS a script I made that connects to my private witch and pulls bandwidth and real live stats of the servers. So not sure how other people want it in WHMCS. With each datacenter, theirs different systems they use so its hard to make a system that will work for everyone.

From,

Adam

At the end of the day, and different discussions; I think this idea would be awesome, but not feasible but it is all up to demand and what Matt can work out.