[RESOLVED] Domain registration fails if user doesn't have a company

hireahit

If certain fields required by OpenSRS are missing, domain registration attempts fail.

The "Company" field is one such example of a field that can easily be left empty,

WHMCS should either require fields, or use sane defaults for missing fields (N/A or the user's first/last name for a blank company name)

Even better, WHMCS should inform the user of the problem and allow the user to correct it.

While the root registry doesn't require a company name, proper use of the OpenSRS API does.

I don't think it's inappropriate to request that tools which use the OpenSRS APIs fill in all required fields, especially when the issue causes basic functionality to fail.

• 2 years later...

Hi There

I've been searching the forum for the answer to what I do when a customer has been able to order a .com.au domain name even though he DIDNT supply company details at the time of order

The registration shows as pending in my WHMCS and the reseller, which is Distribueit have confirmed that no registration was received by them

If i delete this order for a .com.au domain off WHMCS, the manually register it in my Reseller account, will it link back into the client order inside of WHMCS?

Also how can i made fields mandatory on the Form that that needs to be completed when someone orders a .com.au domain name so this never happens again? so far i've spent two days trying to sort this out to no avail!

The ideal would be that the page is flagged so that a customer can not go past that page unless they provide their business registration details at the time of order, but for some reason orders are allowed to process

The customer has paid for his domain name registration but what's confusing me is how do i delete that order of my system, re=register his domain name on his behalf through my reseller account and then have it all link back into his client file inside of WHMCS