Mod Required: Automatically Unsuspend / Suspend Accounts Based on Date

eugenevdm

Is someone interested in developing this mod for a fee? Alternatively, could someone recommend me to somewhere where I can get a quote for this?

Problem Description: Clients come back from overseas holidays and they wish to have their accounts re-activated on a certain date. This requires manual intervention based on the date on which the client returns.

Why is it problematic? The reason why is administrative staff might not be available on that specific date and if the client's account is not unsuspended they fume because they have no Internet access. The alternative would be to unsuspend the account before the client is back, but this could cause them to use more bandwidth than allocated and is not an ideal solution.

The ideal solution is to automate the process using WHMCS so that no administrative intervention is required. In theory this is possible because we already has Server Modules for Radius that does suspension / unsuspension of accounts.

Proposed solution:

On any product have a check box that performs the following (primary objective):

[i]Unsuspend this product on the "2010-03-01" and set the next Invoice due date to "2010-03-01".[/i]

Secondary objective:

Since the procedure for automatically unsuspending accounts will be quite similar in terms of WHMCS hooks to suspending the account, a secondary objective would be to automate suspension, e.g.:

[i]Suspend / Cancel / Terminate this product on the "2009-11-21".[/i]

The above "suspend / cancel / terminate" should be a drop-down box.

The secondary objective is very useful for clients who want product on a short term (see note about the words "suspension" and "cancellation").

Nice to have:

A note added to the client's account detailing the automated unsuspension / suspension / termination, either admin notes or client notes.

Note about the words "suspension" and "cancellation"

In WHMCS terms "suspension" normally means a client has not paid their account. However in our Internet Access terminology a suspension could also indicate a client who has term contract and who wishes to switch on and off the service as they wish.

Using the word or a mod "cancellation" would be incorrect as (1) In theory in WHMCS terms a cancellation will lead to a termination and we do not wish to delete the accounts off the system (2) There is no hook for cancellation, instead we rely on the hooks for suspensions and unsuspensions to correct enable / disable the account on our system.

question :

so according to your "suspension" definition, if a user who has not yet paid their monthly fee, decides to go on

vacation for 2 month, then he/she can then have their account suspended for all that time without our admin staff terminated since they are on "vacation"/"suspended" mode ?

I am only asking because , in what other scenarios this mod would be beneficial from an accounting point of view ?

Like I can not account those "suspended" account this month into my billing because they are on "vacation"

is that something that you do ?

I am not 100% sure about your question, perhaps you could rephrase it.

I understand you correctly yes according to our definition of suspension when a client goes on vacation (normally for 6 months), we want to temporary put their account on hold. So we suspend their account. When they come back from holiday we have to re-activate their account and put a new next due date. This is a manual process that we want to automate.

I don't really understand the second part of your question.

With regards to oDesk, I submitted a request but I haven't had any response yet.