Prevent Client Access Until Payment Received?

dan76

I have "Allow Client Registration" disabled in the General Settings, but this doesn't prevent a user from getting access to the Client Portal. If a user starts the checkout process, they are still granted access to the Client Portal even if they don't complete payment.

I want to prevent users from accessing the Client Portal until after their payment is received and I have manually approved their account. Is this possible?

The main reason why I want to do this is because I plan to add new pages to WHMCS with access to paying members only.

Any help or ideas on how to implement this would be appreciated. I've searched the forums/wiki, but couldn't find the best alternative.

I want to prevent users from accessing the Client Portal until after their payment is received and I have manually approved their account. Is this possible?

Yes, add a hook to on client creation to set the status to closed, and another to on order accept to set it to active

The main reason why I want to do this is because I plan to add new pages to WHMCS with access to paying members only.

Or just put the code to check access level/rights in the new pages ...

Yes, add a hook to on client creation to set the status to closed, and another to on order accept to set it to active

Or just put the code to check access level/rights in the new pages ...

I think a hook will be the best option. Unfortunately, the documentation on hooks is very limited and not very telling. Would adding a hook bypass the ClientLogin function that occurs during the checkout process?

So far, I have the basics but can't determine what function is actually needed in the hook.

<?php
function status_closed($vars) {

// what type of code would go here?

add_hook("ClientAdd",1,"status_closed");
?>

Any direction you can provide would be appreciated. I've been through the forums and documentation, but can't seem to get the info I need.

Thanks again.