[NOT A BUG] promotion usage count even when order is not activated

Hello,

here is what happens

I make a promotion coupon for let's say 10 uses. someone tries to sign up with fake info or doesn't even pay the order. yet the promotion usage count will count these as usages and deactivate the coupon after 10 tries.

we end up with 3-4 clients benefiting from the coupon because of the fraudster and this manipulates the results of our promotion offer..

I'm using ver 3.8.1 if that counts.

Hi

You have a big problem with your site it is crashing FireFox you need to look into this A.S.A.P.

Please do not follow the link in the above post UNTILL IT IS SORTED OUT.

You may want to upgrade to v4.1.1 the latest stable version then if it is still happening then repost / update post.

• WHMCS CEO

But if it didn't mark a use as when the user actually checks out and submits the order, and instead waited until payment like you suggest, then you could end up with 5 people ordering when there is only 1 use left for the promo, and then all coming back and paying later which would then mean the coupon's discount was granted to more people than it should have been.

I think that simply if you get fraudulent orders for a special you're running, you need to go back to the promotion and adjust the usage count.

Matt

Hi

You have a big problem with your site it is crashing FireFox you need to look into this A.S.A.P.

Please do not follow the link in the above post UNTILL IT IS SORTED OUT.

You may want to upgrade to v4.1.1 the latest stable version then if it is still happening then repost / update post.

There is no such thing. maybe your firefox is buggy? I have been using firefox for the past 4 years or more and have been operating this website with whmcs since feb 2008 so I can assure to you that it doesn't crash firefox or any other browser.

But if it didn't mark a use as when the user actually checks out and submits the order, and instead waited until payment like you suggest, then you could end up with 5 people ordering when there is only 1 use left for the promo, and then all coming back and paying later which would then mean the coupon's discount was granted to more people than it should have been.

I think that simply if you get fraudulent orders for a special you're running, you need to go back to the promotion and adjust the usage count.

Matt

At least you can make it count after the order passes fraud check?