WHMCS support VS. Kayako

DataHosts

I have seen many of WHMCS users state that they use Kayako over WHMCS build in support. So, my question to those that do..please let us know why.

Kayako is a full 100% support built application, and thus it will have more options due to that fact. Also, they have developers who work constantly on this to improve the functions of Kayako. However, I have been waiting 6 months for 3.1 to be released to only see that now it is 3.5 due to some major changes, and the release date is pushed back even more. Yes it will have FieldFetch, but when will it be release with this?

WHMCS is a client billing management system, and thus does more than Kayako can do. WHMCS support is easy to setup, easy to use, options for custom fields, and very easy to change status of ticket. Matt is the developer of WHMCS, however, I have read where he may outsource some. So, the time he has is spent on bettering the management portion of the system, since, that is what it is really for.

So, I wish to know what can be done to better the WHMCS Support portion of WHMCS (not the support you send to Matt for WHMCS). Would you like more options, more control, etc....? Now is your chance to express your opinion on this...........

I am also curious as well. I am very supportive of Kayako just because of the way it works and it looks (I am very design oriented). So if anyone can lay out the advantages (other than everything being under one roof) that would be great. If Kayako could be incorporated though, that would be pretty slick.

Hey,

Their are number of things that are awesome about Kayako. However just their are also bad things about them.

Bad things about Kayako

--------------------------------------

- Support for new features take longer then normal then other companies

- Based out of India. (Not sure if this is good or bad, but they are a very well company and are not going to steel your money).

Good things about Kayako

--------------------------------------

- OPEN Source. 98% of the source code is for people to edit to their liking. The other 2% is used for lic. checks.

- WinApp client. Kayako comes with two programs. One called InstaAlert and another called LiveSupport. InstaAlert pulls data from your server and tells you when you have a new ticket, by showing a pop up message and making a sound. Live Support is their live support program they use that connects with your server and when you have the add-on option for live chat, you can chat real time with any person on your site. Has built in spell checker and another cool option called ViewShare Screen Sharing. Your clients can see your desktop from their computer. So if you need to tell your client to click on a link, you can walk him or her thur from start to finish.

- More control over tickets, users, departments, staff. You can have more then one email per department and have different staff per department. You have also have custom ticket status as well as custom ticket priority's.

- The fun of Ajax. Most of the Admin/Staff area is all Ajax based. This helps speed things up when posting replies to tickets as well find information with out loading each new page.

- Custom replies, kbase artilces and troubleshooter steps. These will help with your clients fixing their own problems, before they even have to contact you.

- Mass anything. When viewing a list of lets say 20 tickets. You can select one button to do a mass action on all of them, from replying, deleting, print, close, open, give to staff member, change status, merge, mark due and many more.

I have just touched the surface with the options that Kayako has over WHMCS.

The only thing that might even make me think of moving my support over to WHMCS is that it is built in with the system. Other then that, I will be using Kayako for a long time, or when WHMCS gives us the option like Kayako has with open source code....

From,

Adam

P.S. I'm not proof reading this, way to long LOL

WinApp client. Kayako comes with two programs. One called InstaAlert and another called LiveSupport. InstaAlert pulls data from your server and tells you when you have a new ticket, by showing a pop up message and making a sound.

Well, I am 90% done with a simdown version of a WinAPP for WHMCS. Of course it will not be as much as Kayako, but I have gotten it to popup with a new ticket, new order, or reply to ticket. Same thing as email, but working on it. I am hoping the release date is soon.

I just cancelled my kayako leased license due to the fact that I got whmcs. The only features I used in kayako was tickets (not sure if our support team used other options) so I felt that their was no need to keep it running, whmcs is almost exactly the same (feature-wise).

I feel as if WHMCS lacks in a couple areas.

1. I don't like the overall look of WHMCS Support, and the fact it asks for your name and email when your already a customer, that information should be pulled.

2. You cannot create your own ticket progress and priority categories.

3. You cannot setup email filters to stop certain emails from coming in as tickets (of course you can do this with email settings, but what if you don't have your forwarders as actual POP3 accounts, what if they are just forwarders for piping.

Those are really my only gripes, and also that 3rd party support only supports Kayako right now and no other support software.