Custom Server Module Broken

Ok... I think I may have found another one.

Trying to add a new product or service.

I select Create a New Product, then select the Type and Group and name it and click Continue... so far so good.

I fill out the product description on the details tab and switch over to the "server settings" tab to select a server.

Now... I had added a Windows server running Helm to the system so Helm would show up in the drop down box (as per Matt's instructions with 2.5.8).

I select "Helm" and all Helm breaks loose... :)

What happens is, a page displays with all the tabs across the top, but I get the details listed, then below that what should be the pricing page, then below that the prorata tab info, then the stock tab info then way at the bottom the server settings.

I can change any of these things, but there's no button to save... Further, I can no longer click any of the tabs....

It doesn't break the script, it just won't let me add any new Helm products.

Edit I should add that it appears all the "built in" server types work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dusty

I'm not sure what you mean... before I upgraded to v3, I did as you mentioned over here:

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2576&highlight=

I just created an empty helm.php file in that folder to allow me to select it. Did I need to do something differently? It worked in 2.5.8 but won't in v3.

Sorry to be a pain....

Dusty

• 2 months later...
No, the problems you describe actually sound like a JS issue - as if the JS isn't being loaded. Does your browser report a JS issue?

Hi Matt,

I am running IE and can confirm this same glitch. I stumbled on this thread after posting the same problem here: http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2576

I'll try with Firefox and see what results I get.

EDIT: Ok same problem with Mozilla Firefox. 2.003 and latest version of Java.

The problem also kills the ability to click any TABS. The error consle in Firefox reports "TabClick is not defined".

Oh yeah, and running WHMCS ver 3.1.2

Cheers,

Paul

its the blank file causing the problem - the "fix" is to have a copy of the template file from Matt with the right function names in it with no content to the functions (until you want to develop some) - thats how we got it working for ensim and plesk for windows

caveats - DONT have dashes or underscores in the server type name :)