Blog 1.3 FULL SOURCE!!

plz say you are not to occupied with the live module atm. There are a few futures I would like, and small bugs fiksed.

like:

users can report comments.

And when you edit a post, Then it don't autofill date, user etc. if I'm editing an other admins post, it gets all messed up. the date change, and name. Well you can edit it back after it autofills. but would be better the other way around.

So on new post it autofills all fields. And if you edit, it don't. That way posts stay nice and nothing gets messed up.

Ye' and also the post before thisone :P

I'll try to get these(and other) features sorted our this weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

rgr that. If I can be at any assistance give a shout to me on msn --> Remyx99 ;)

btw, I took it a little further, and got all the info I needed strait from the database, so I kinda use it for a litte more then a blog, as it have some of the possibility to do it.

See the current layout here: www.clanserver.no And I'm working on a fully futured newspage with pages and stuff, all by simply getting the info from the blog system in the database. awesome! :D

Edited by Tulip

I found yet another "bug" well knew about it sience the start but didn't think of it like a bug untill now.

The blog "pages" futures completly take over all non exiting pages. (prolly because the htaccess file?)

that meens there is no 404 pages or errorpages from the host as the blog system just genrates an non existing empty page. say you go on a page on my site that does not exist i want it to display an errorpage but it comes up as an empty blog page: http://www.clanserver.no/mndfgn43djdg4.html

I found yet another "bug" well knew about it sience the start but didn't think of it like a bug untill now.

The blog "pages" futures completly take over all non exiting pages. (prolly because the htaccess file?)

that meens there is no 404 pages or errorpages from the host as the blog system just genrates an non existing empty page. say you go on a page on my site that does not exist i want it to display an errorpage but it comes up as an empty blog page: http://www.clanserver.no/mndfgn43djdg4.html

Yes, I am aware of this and it's easy enough to fix after checking if the page actually exists, otherwise throw a 404, etc.. :)

ye. I would be easy to fix if I knew what your were coding :P

But nomather how much I configure 404's either at the host, thoug ip, domain, or htaccess. the only way I found was to remove the pages/blog (htaccess). And I do want the blog :P

So the ubercoder must trow in a little fix :D

ohh. btw. It can still be inside the smarty design part. no need for an completly new site thing. just let it display a editable error message. like:

Ohhmy.... You have found my secret page that does not exist. You souldn't have found this. Now I have to rederect you to the frontpage. If this page should exist please contact me!

Redirecting in *seconds*

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been on for quite a while. I recently had a minor operation and am just getting back into the swing of things. The 404/custom pages issue you mentioned is actually a very simple fix, as well as the Tinymce issue. I will release the new version as soon as possible. Just catching up on a few other things first. Thanks everyone for your patience :)

Ye, know :P

Would have fixed it myself if I could edit yar code :D

But as I open the file its all jibberish, and you know why ;)

Great to see you are back, and I'll continue whineing on msn :P

Did you not get the "full source" version? It can be upgraded for the difference in price..

getting concerned, bought this and having problems, submitted a ticket and waited, got a reply and was told that would be sorted thismorning, as developer is bout 6 hours behind me i let this go until 2PM his time, submitted a request for info 3 hours ago and nothing. Not too amused, when i pay for software i expect support, and not waiting over 24 hours for it either

getting concerned, bought this and having problems, submitted a ticket and waited, got a reply and was told that would be sorted thismorning, as developer is bout 6 hours behind me i let this go until 2PM his time, submitted a request for info 3 hours ago and nothing. Not too amused, when i pay for software i expect support, and not waiting over 24 hours for it either

Consider that this isn't a general support ticket. Had to schedule some extra time to perform the install for you which I'm just about to do :)

Please note that this is now resolved, but my main point as above was a concern over lack of communication. I was not expecting it to be resolved straight away, but being told that it would be looked into at one time, and when that time passes and no update, kinda worries me as im sure it would everyone else given the industry

• 3 weeks later...

I am working with others to consolidate all my modules under a new roof soon. As a result there will be quicker response to support inquiries, and I will have more time to do what I do best.. Program :) So far my module development has been a 1 man show for everything and bringing others in to assist will alleviate many current concerns & put things in a new "better" direction.

ok. not good news yet' then :P

*whip* work harder :)

If it is any assistance I can help alpha/beta-test stuff. I'm also a bank of ideas, I have a lot of functions and futures in my head that will make blog 1.3 even better :D

PM me and we can work something out as I do need a few more good beta testers.

• 11 months later...