I like what I see, But I can't purchase because....

R-n-R

Question

Well I downloaded the 3.0 WHMCS trail version today and played around with it for several hours and I can say this, I really LIKED what I saw, the Install went smoothly, Readme.txt file gave very good instructions on installation and after install the set up went very smoothly and very easy to understand. So I give TWO Thumbs Up on this software.

But the deal breaker with me, and I discussed this with Matt (very helpful) is how the Tax is handled. This is a major issue around my small office. With the current production software I have now I have same issue. In the state I live I have to Charge Sales Tax to residents of my state on ALL my services I currently offer, EXCEPT domain names. I need a billing system that can give me this capability. And as Matt said, its currently not possible with WHMCS. Which is sad as I was getting excited with what I was seeing in the WHMCS 3.0 version.

To a lessor, but important area, is automatic account creation for the InterWorx control panel (I love this control panel). I currently have this with my current Billing System and the other Billing system I am looking at to move too.

If I where to hire a programmer and if they could have access to the code to add these functions I need, I would STRONGLY consider going his route. Not sure this is possible, if someone could shed some light that would be great.

But those are the only two deal breakers for me, for those that are NOT needing InterWorx integration or special tax calculations like I mentioned, I think you will not go wrong with WHMCS.

4 answers to this question

How about include the taxes to your domain cost and state that in the order form. that domain cost is plus taxes (taxes included)?

As far as I understand he/she need the system to handle the hosting with taxes, but the domains without tax. so it is not seems to be possible now.