Best integrated accounting system? Web-based Accounting?

netstepinc

I know this has been asked but the answers are not forthcoming...

What is the best accounting system to use with WHMCS?

I use Quickbooks, but it appears the WHMCS integration isn't mature yet.

I have a new business so I want to take a fresh look.

I have a a few geographically separated partners so I'd like an online accounting system. I've been looking at Quickbooks online, but before I commit:

1. Is anyone in love with a web-based accounting system?

2. Is there any web-based accounting that can connect to WHMCS?

3. Is there a mature web-based accounting system that is user friendly and mature....and open source?

We looked at Xero too but after evaluation went with saasu.com for payroll support, they also have a solid API. It doesn't look as slick but is mature, designed for performance and has excellent support. I would also love to get some integration happening!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried out LessAccounting.com, and it's very slick and affordable.

+ Automatically connects with my bank account and gets transactions = BIG time saver. Do some of these other systems do that too?

- Doesn't integrate with WHMCS. I posted in their group about it and they said they had zero plans to interface with WHMCS. Seems short sighted to me.

+ Automatically connects with my bank account and gets transactions = BIG time saver. Do some of these other systems do that too?

- Doesn't integrate with WHMCS. I posted in their group about it and they said they had zero plans to interface with WHMCS. Seems short sighted to me.

How does it connect with your bank account? Via your username & password?

I looked at LessAccounting.com a long time ago, but if I remember correctly, they had no provision for recording equity transactions such as owner capital investments and draws. Has that changed?

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using Working Point. It is pretty good and has great things coming soon.

They use a voting system for new features. I just added a feature request for WHMCS. I recommend going to http://workingpoint.uservoice.com/pages/11238-workingpoint/suggestions/343961-whmcs?ref=title and voting on this. The more votes, the more likely they will add this.

How does it connect with your bank account? Via your username & password?

Yes. UN/PW for your online banking.

Pulls transaction data and all you have to do is match it up with what you've already entered OR just use the imported data and enter the expense account, name and description.

We use NolaPro (it's free!) for the Payables, Payroll, and Ledger. We also provide it as a hosted service for our customers. It's a very good package. We have just moved our billing to WHMCS from our CRM package to automate our recurring billing. We are going to build the data sync to NolaPro for our own use, but maybe we could provide it as a Community Addon? Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by brucelet
subscribe to thread

I would be!

We use NolaPro (it's free!) for the Payables, Payroll, and Ledger. We also provide it as a hosted service for our customers. It's a very good package. We have just moved our billing to WHMCS from our CRM package to automate our recurring billing. We are going to build the data sync to NolaPro for our own use, but maybe we could provide it as a Community Addon? Let me know if you are interested.

• 6 months later...

Brucelet, I would be interested to hear more about the data sync for NolaPro. We're evaluating it for use and if it has a WHMCS synch it would be a huge bonus.