Support departments wrong order

sometimes, in order to see some changes you need to delete "template_c" content (except index.php)

dunno if this apply to admin section... just give it a try...

templates_c folder is for smarty generated files only and that is used in client area only. Admin part doesn't do templates hence no template files are generated and nothing can be deleted ;)

Seems to be working here. Does the order change in the admin area and just not the client area or won't they move in the admin area either?

Its working correctly in Client Area, its also working in the Admin edit page where you assign departments to admin and it also works in the Configuration -> Support Departments.

It does not work at one admin page only: "Support Center" -> "Support Tickets" -> "Open New Ticket"

In the drop down menu, it shows them in the old way, like its sorting them by ID and not order.

• 1 year later...

Is anyone else still having this problem?

Our support tickets, regardless of what option we select in the setup area (Configuration -> General Configuration -> Support -> Support Ticket Order), when we go to view them in the Admin Section (Support -> Open) our tickets always sort newest to oldest.

Any ideas?

Yeah... mine is all messed up. Sometimes, when I try to change it does not, sometimes it does. Weird things keep happening with the sorting. What I ended up doing was going straight into the DB to modify the order. I found values in the order column like 2004, 1834, etc. When I modified the values to what I wanted, it fixes the issue. But as soon as I add another department, or try to change the order via the admin interface, the order gets messed up again.

Hrm...I've checked the id's, and everything seams ok, and it definitely is showing the newest tickets (highest id values) first. I've tried numerous times to get it to switch over, and it simply won't.

EDIT: I took a look in my database, and the table is being updated correctly, as the selection is being made and in turn saved, so I'm not sure why it's not sorting properly.

• WHMCS CEO

You are getting confused here between ticket reply ordering, ticket ordering, and support department ordering. All 3 are different and this option you refer to applies to the ticket reply ordering only. Tickets will always display newest at the top in the master tickets list.

Matt