Has anyone Implemented PayPal Pro API?

leon_nerd

Hi,

I am trying to implement the recurring billing system using WHMCS and PayPal Pro. PayPal Pro needs us to create a recurring profile for every customer to allow the recurring billing as we can't get the CVV requirement removed in our case.

PayPal has given an API document and asked us to automate the profile creation and management process. Now, I would want to know if anyone here has integrated PayPal Pro with WHMCS for recurring billing? If yes, then using API or some other method? It seems kind of hard to implement the API in the WHMCS and if I can get a pointer on how to start the integration then it will be great.

Thanks.

• WHMCS CEO

It doesn't always need a CVV number. Most users can just disable the requirement in the risk control area of the PP account (not sure where it is exactly you'll need to ask their support) and then the automated rebilling can take place just like with any other merchant gateway.

Matt

Depending on what country you are in... you won't have the option to remomve the CCV requirement on 2nd, 3rd, recurring billings...

In that case you can't use the Paypal pro for recurring billing in whmcs... Unless you want the client to have to login every billing period to manually pay their invoice.

Edited by mysmallbizu
update

Hi,

I contacted PayPal and they said that we are level 4 merchant and we need to take the CVV number from the customers. If we were level 1,2 or 3 then CVV number was not a requirement. I asked them if there is a way we can upgrade and disable the CVV number requirement in Risk Settings. But they denied that we cannot do any upgrade to get rid of the CVV number. The only thing we can do right now is to integrate the API and apply for a revaluation of our account after 90 days, so as to check if we can get Level 1, 2 or 3 clearance for CVV Number.

Well, we are back to square one. Anyways, does anyone know if WHMCS has integrated PayPal using Name-value pair or the SOAP? I am not sure if this makes sense but on PayPal site there are two versions of API/API Documentation - For Name Value Pair and other for SOAP.

Thanks.

Hi,

Has anyone here integrated PayPal Pro Canada with WHMCS? I have been dealing with this issue for quite a few days and I am now running out of patience. WHMCS has all the files encoded and the PayPal pro has given a list of files to make API calls. Now, I don't understand how to implement these API calls with WHMCS.

Anyone to help please?

Thanks.