Plesk & WHMCS

tomyknoker

• 4 weeks later...

you need to setup the client and domain template.

login to your plesk admin and then

1-"clients" -> "client templates" -> "add new client template"

give the tempalte a name (e.g Reseller1)and set the limits .

2-click "domains" -> "domain templates" -> "add new domain template"

give the tempalte a name ( e.g Starter )and set the limits

do the rest according to your hosting plans and go to whmcs product/

services click to edit the plans and then "server setting"

enter the Client Template Name and Domain Template Name exactly as you named them in plesk (e.g Reseller1 and Starter)

Hope this helps

• WHMCS CEO
Thanks Joe I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Where do I need to add the cron job in Plesk.

Wes

Hi Wes,

There's no need to setup any cron job in Plesk to create accounts. You should however set up the main cron file if you have not done so already.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

It would usually be configured in Plesk under the Cron Jobs section of your control panel. You can enter the time it should occur and the command to run from there. The command to use can be found in Configuration > Automation Settings.

Matt

do the rest according to your hosting plans and go to whmcs product/

services click to edit the plans and then "server setting"

enter the Client Template Name and Domain Template Name exactly as you named them in plesk (e.g Reseller1 and Starter)

Hope this helps

I do not see this option on the server settings, only the server type, the default server and lots of values, no where to enter the Domain template name.

Regards

Looks like i hade a old version of plesk.php i uploaded the new file and it now shows correctly.

Is it possible to create a domain without creating a customer account? i use only customer accounts for resellers, for users that only have on domain i put them in my main client account.

Regards

Ruben

Your question is fairly Plesk specific because many people do what you do to work around Plesk's native lack of reseller support. I don't believe you can just create domain. My opinion is that for Plesk you should create at least one account to hold a user's domains, or use Plesk Expand if you want true reseller support.

As a more general question you might want to ask (and me too) what happens if you log in as an existing user and you create a new domain. At present it looks like the system creates a another new user using an algorithm that utilities the last few characters of the domain and opposed to re-using the username. It will be nice if the system could re-use the existing username and just add the domain to the account, but I suppose this will depends largely on the flexibility of the Plesk API.