PHP Thread Safe vs. Non Thread Safe

str1der

Question

11 answers to this question

NTS is what MS suggesting to use, but using NTS version the loader doesnt' work. I been trying to get it work for 2 months now but it doesn't work. Are you able to run WHMCS on your windows? Please help me out if you can.. For me if I use Thread Safe version of php then some pages of WHMCS load and some crash

NTS is what MS suggesting to use, but using NTS version the loader doesnt' work. I been trying to get it work for 2 months now but it doesn't work. Are you able to run WHMCS on your windows? Please help me out if you can.. For me if I use Thread Safe version of php then some pages of WHMCS load and some crash

I really gone through hell making WHMCS fully function on Windows 2008 Server with IIS7 in FastCgi mode. After a months of trying and at least over 50 new installation to make it work. . Only reason I didn't give up casue i came over from MB and didn't want to go back to it. However, after fixing IIS7 for WHMCS my MB also start working with new config.

There were 2 problems. 1 PHP version and 2nd path to Ioncube_loader path. I could make part of it work yet other part would crash and back and forth. I still don't know why I was able to see some pages of WHMC but would get 500 internal error on some!

I just want to share this so it can help other who use windows.

Installation on Windows

1. You have to install PHP from Microsoft web installer see it at http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appsxml=&appid=PHP%3bPHP%3bPHP

2. MOST Important the path for Ioncube_loader

zend_extension="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PHP\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll"

Even Microsoft have no clue or anyone here from WHMCS. You HAVE TO use two "\\" instead of one "\"

This was all needed which ****ing took my months! I swear I spent well over 60 hours during last 2 months trying to get it work.

I hop this will help others

Installation on Windows

1. You have to install PHP from Microsoft web installer see it at http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appsxml=&appid=PHP%3bPHP%3bPHP

2. MOST Important the path for Ioncube_loader

Even Microsoft have no clue or anyone here from WHMCS. You HAVE TO use two "\\" instead of one "\"

This was all needed which ****ing took my months! I swear I spent well over 60 hours during last 2 months trying to get it work.

I hop this will help others

nasnetwork,

I am also having problems getting ion cube to work on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. I have re-installed PHP as you instructed above and tried adding the exact setting you have above to the php.ini. Unfortunatly it is still not working for me.

I am just testing with the ioncube-encoded-file.php before even installing WHMCS.

Can you add the zend_extension anywhere in the ini? I just put it at the bottom of the ini file.

Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

nasnetwork,

I am also having problems getting ion cube to work on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. I have re-installed PHP as you instructed above and tried adding the exact setting you have above to the php.ini. Unfortunatly it is still not working for me.

I am just testing with the ioncube-encoded-file.php before even installing WHMCS.

Can you add the zend_extension anywhere in the ini? I just put it at the bottom of the ini file.

Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

Never mind, I am not sure what I did but now it is wokring! Thanks for posting your findings!

So WHMCS is now working for you 100%?

ensure you have installed this verison of ioncube loader

http://downloads2.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_win_nonts_x86

you should copy the loader dll to your PHP\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll

here is how i have extension setup on my php.ini

; Local Variables:

; tab-width: 4

; End:

[php_CURL]

extension=php_curl.dll

[php_GD2]

extension=php_gd2.dll

[php_GETTEXT]

extension=php_gettext.dll

[php_IMAP]

extension=php_imap.dll

[php_MBSTRING]

extension=php_mbstring.dll

[php_MSSQL]

extension=php_mssql.dll

[php_MYSQL]

extension=php_mysql.dll

[php_MYSQLI]

extension=php_mysqli.dll

[php_OPENSSL]

extension=php_openssl.dll

[php_PDO]

extension=php_pdo.dll

[php_PDO_MYSQL]

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

[php_PDO_SQLITE]

extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll

[php_SOAP]

extension=php_soap.dll

[php_TIDY]

extension=php_tidy.dll

[php_XMLRPC]

extension=php_xmlrpc.dll

[php_ZIP]

extension=php_zip.dll

[php_EXIF]

extension=php_exif.dll

nasnetwork, YOU ROCK! I was having the same problem as you guys. I had loaded VC9 NTS binaries for ioncube and as soon as I switched to VC6 it worked!!

PHP would crash if you tried to run php index.php or even php-cgi index.php. Turns out it was the version of the ioncube dll I was using too. I really appreciate you guys posting this on here.

nasnetwork, YOU ROCK! I was having the same problem as you guys. I had loaded VC9 NTS binaries for ioncube and as soon as I switched to VC6 it worked!!

PHP would crash if you tried to run php index.php or even php-cgi index.php. Turns out it was the version of the ioncube dll I was using too. I really appreciate you guys posting this on here.

I am happy it works for you. we are going to shift to IIS 7.5 soon and i'll post if any issues.

I installed WHMCS 4.5.2, but with errors when downloading database updates.

Could not create administrator and can not create user

The same can not save changes to the administrative section.

How can you solve problems?

Why can not I save the changes to administrative section?