Credit Card information storing

johnh

Hi,

I have question regarding Credit Card payment.

Let's say I am using authorize.net for credit card processing and when I tested it with ordering, on credit card informaiton page, it brings "Your Information" from "client detail". Does whmcs save this credit card information with Your Information on different row? or does whmcs just call client detail and credit card information when whmcs runs batch?

So does WHMCS save CC info with billing address info with encryption on DB? and use it when whmcs does batch?

do I need to setup batch setting on WHMCS? or if client use CC payment through authorize.net, does it charge automatically by batch?

thanks

? So does it have CC numbers and billing address both seperatly as client detail? or just CC numbers and pull up address from client detail?

Everything address and credit card related (including numbers) are stored in the same database, the same table, and the same row. Of course, you can't even get this information inside of WHMCS' admin page (good or bad, that's how matt designed it), all you can get is the last 4.

okay. what I am saying is that.. when I tried to edit creidt card information on client profile with clicking "Edit Credit Card Billing Information". it only popup window that contains CC number info, no billing address info.. that's why I am asking.. On ordering page, it asked billing address and cc number when selected CC payment with authorize.net, but on "Edit Credit Card Billing Information", it showed only CC number editing.. so how can I edit billing address that is entered during ordering?

thanks

it only popup window that contains CC number info, no billing address info.

Exactly what it should do. CC editing should be done separately from billing addresse, etc.

how can I edit billing address that is entered during ordering?

You can edit a client's address information by clicking on the "profile" tab. From there, you can edit this information.

Keep in mind, that it is NOT recommended for you to edit your client information, this will open you up to chargebacks, especially when dealing with credit cards. Make them do it, so that you have a record of them doing it.

it only popup window that contains CC number info, no billing address info.

Exactly what it should do. CC editing should be done separately from billing addresse, etc.

how can I edit billing address that is entered during ordering?

You can edit a client's address information by clicking on the "profile" tab. From there, you can edit this information.

Keep in mind, that it is NOT recommended for you to edit your client information, this will open you up to chargebacks, especially when dealing with credit cards. Make them do it, so that you have a record of them doing it.

But billing address isnt always the same as actual client address. Correct?

But billing address isnt always the same as actual client address. Correct?

WHMCS doesn't separate the two. In fact, WHMCS doesn't even GATHER two addresses, just one. At least the pre-3 version doesn't, haven't tested the beta yet, and won't until it becomes not so beta.

my bad, was just going off memory, which of course was wrong. =P

I am not sure twhiting9275, understand how WHMCS operate for CC.

Okay, when enable CC via authorize.net at payment module and existing client select is as payment method, after click to continue, the page shows the Address input filed and CC information filed which mean we can enter seperate address on here for CC. This mean WHMCS saves billing address for CC and CC info togather and not using client's detail's address. That's why I am asking it.

also if you have used cc before, there is option to select "existing cc" which mean it call CC info and Billing info that is input before.

Matt, could exmplain how can I edit billing info for the CC info?

or am I understanding not correctly?

By the way, I am on Beta3.

thanks

I am not sure twhiting9275, understand how WHMCS operate for CC.

or am I understanding not correctly?

It is the latter, not the former. I know VERY well how WHMCS operates for processing, I've had to deal with the lack of billing address being sent to authnet myself.

Address input filed and CC information filed which mean we can enter seperate address on here for CC.

This information is not stored separately, it's not used separately, it's not even looked at separately. WHMCS sends ONE address and only ONE to authnet. This is the address for the customer, the ONLY address WHMCS stores . If you want to edit this address, follow the instructions I gave earlier.

The ordering form doesn't make any distinction between billing and living address, and it shouldn't. You're not shipping physical product (or at least that's not the main intention of WHMCS), you have no need for anything but a billing address, hence only one address.

WHMCS only stores one address in the database. It doesn't designate this specifically as the "billing address", but that's just what it is. It's the ONLY address stored for the customer. Again, to edit this, follow the instructions given earlier.