post to host

Smilie

Hi

Is there any module/addon/hack for whmcs which enables post to host, so users post at a forum (sfm, vbulletin, invision power board, phpbb, mybb etc..) and then they can buy hosting? or ayn module adding "credits" which they can buy service for?

If not, will this come? and when?

Smilie,

You could probably do this quite easily with a script that just interacts with both your forum and whmcs databases.

Firstly you would need something that links a user on the forum to a user in WHMCS (such as an email address). For a simple example where 1 post = 1 credit. Just write a script to run as a cron job which looks up the number of posts the user has then put that number into the WHMCS "Account credit" field in the WHMCS database.

Each night when the cron runs, make your query just look at posts made since the last time the cron ran

e.g. Pseudo SQL to run on forum database

SELECT COUNT(posts) FROM posts where email = USER_EMAIL AND date > LAST_TIME_CRON_RAN

Then on the WHMCS DB

SELECT credits FROM tblclients WHERE email = USER_EMAIL

Add old credits to the number of credits that need to be added for the previous day then:

UPDATE tblclients SET credit = NUM_CREDITS WHERE email = USER_EMAIL.

I could probably write the script for you. Feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Ben

• 1 month later...
so what you need is: if the customer doesn't post on your forum he doesn't get to buy hosting? what kind of business is that? are you in the hosting business?

It's a model where users post on your forums instead of paying for your hosting.

I'm looking for EXACTLY the same thing.

I believe iPanel has this feature. I'm moments away from switching to WHMCS from Clientexec and if this could be done, I'll get my license immediately instead of waiting any longer.