whmcs creating plesk client per domain

georgeit

Hi i've just setup whmcs and so far it looks amazing. What have I been doing all these years? :)

I have a problem that i can't seem to google a solution for.

Every time i create an order for a client in WHMCS i have to hit the create button on the products/services page for the domain to be added to plesk, despite having auto setup as instantly after order in the actual product setup.

Secondly, when i do this, it creates a new client for each domain I add with the order number appended to the client name.

Anyone run into this?

edit: sorry wrong forum, should be in technical questions

Edited by georgeit

Every time i create an order for a client in WHMCS i have to hit the create button on the products/services page for the domain to be added to plesk,

is there a correct domaintemplate (for example a plesk domaintemplate)?

yes, a "clientname_id" account is created

Secondly, when i do this, it creates a new client for each domain I add with the order number appended to the client name.

Yes, so that when the account is suspended it doesnt affect other hosting accounts forthe same client - if they were all put under the same customer, the client coudl simply login to plesk and enable them again :P

• 2 months later...

Our preference is to have single clients with their multiple products. We have some clients that have 50+ domains and creating 50+ client accounts with 50+ login credentials for them to keep up is just insane. The whole point of Plesk is a client and their domains type of setup so a single client login can manage multiple domains. Anyone worked around this without doing it manually?

TIA

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

We have the same problem, seems silly really. Are clients and products/domains in WHMCS a different idea to that in plesk. The idea in plesk is that a Client can have multiple domains and if the admin suspends a domain then the client can not access it through their control panel. So why cant the same thing happen in WHMCS? Why does an order have to create a client. Surely creating a client in WHMCS should create a client in Plesk, and creating an order in WHMCS creates a domain in plesk which can be independantly suspended from the client account.

OLi

Hi All,

We are also around this situation.

Does some one knows if whmcs will change this sometime ?.

We are seriously thinking on change the billing system, not having singles clients for several services they buy is a big admin load ...

• 1 month later...
Yes, so that when the account is suspended it doesnt affect other hosting accounts forthe same client - if they were all put under the same customer, the client coudl simply login to plesk and enable them again :P

Whilst that is true, most clients don't require, nor are given a client login, so I don't really see why WHMCS creates then in the first place.

Wouldn't it be better to put them all under a single client login that can only be accessed by the administrator?

Set the server in WHMCS to Plesk Reseller.

We only have ourselves and thrue resellers as clients on our Plesk servers, WHMCS does not create a new client but creates the domain and hosting accounts. Unfortunately it does this by the Plesk Templates so it's not possible to set the hosting limits within WHMCS if you choose Plesk Reseller.

If you choose Plesk to be your server type you cannot enter the Plesk server on which the WHMCS clients products are installed :(

With CPanel as server within WHMCS you can enter all the hosting limits but they disappear as soon as you change your server back to Plesk Reseller.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

We have the same problem, seems silly really. Are clients and products/domains in WHMCS a different idea to that in plesk. The idea in plesk is that a Client can have multiple domains and if the admin suspends a domain then the client can not access it through their control panel. So why cant the same thing happen in WHMCS? Why does an order have to create a client. Surely creating a client in WHMCS should create a client in Plesk, and creating an order in WHMCS creates a domain in plesk which can be independantly suspended from the client account.

OLi

I am a noob with with WHMCS and I have been baffled by the way it works with the 'Plesk' module. I don't even want to think about how many hours have gone by... Now, with this series of posts, it's finally beginning to make sense. This issue, and the 'Plesk' vs 'Pleskreseller' module, really could use some up-front documentation. I did see the docs on setting up Plesk accounts, but it never mentioned this difference.

Thanks, people.

• 2 months later...

Not true if you have your templates and permissions set correctly. You can disable the ability of a client to suspend/unsuspend at the client (if reseller) or domain level.

• 1 month later...

Ive just checked again in plesk 9.5.1 i did the following:

1. Create a client account

2. Create a domain

3. Suspend domain

4. Logout

5. Login as client

6. Try to access the domain

7. Notice of permission denied

So if we just suspend the domain, it doesnt need to suspend the client account. If the domain is suspended by an admin (or the api i assume) then the client is not able to unsuspend it.

So long as you issue each hosting product on a separate invoice (which i think you can do, anyone know?) then you can individually suspend domains based on if they've not been paid for.

It would be good if a WHMCS techie could respond to this thread.

On a second note, is there a log of the API calls and im now getting module parse error since i upgraded to 4.2.1 when trying to provision the domain in plesk but have no way to see what is being passed.

Oli

• 2 years later...

absolutely false! Customer accounts cannot unsuspend subscriptions listed under their account.