Does WHMCS Automatically Bill monthly?

kspriggs

Question

After searching and reading a lot of posts, I am still unclear as to whether WHMCS does automatic billing.

I see that it does automatic invoicing, but I want the customer's card to be automatically billed at sign-up and monthly thereafter until the client cancels.

Thank you,

kspriggs

12 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

It depends what payment gateway you use. If you're using one of the credit card gateways where WHMCS stores the card details then yes, if you're using something like NoChex where a client has to login to pay each month then no, it is not possible.

Matt

Then that is what I will do.

1. Who is the best gateway for starting small?

2. Is it difficult to migrate to a gateway with better volume discounts after my business has grown?

If your in the US, Bluepay is by far the best for companies that are jsut starting out or have a low volume of CC transactions. Check out http://modernauthorize.com to get an account. Yes, i know they are related to MB, but they are just a reseller of Bluepay and can get you a good deal. I have been with them since last June and have been very happy.

Ditto for Bluepay from ModernAuthorize here too :)

Only thing that threw me for a loop was the requirement to contact Discover and Amex and apply separately then provide their merchant numbers to bluepay in order to accept those cards. Bluepay did MC/Visa only.

Ditto for Bluepay from ModernAuthorize here too :)

Only thing that threw me for a loop was the requirement to contact Discover and Amex and apply separately then provide their merchant numbers to bluepay in order to accept those cards. Bluepay did MC/Visa only.

Ive never heard of anyone that doesnt have a MC or Visa, i didnt even bother with Amex, let alone Discover.

Quote by mstorman
i am saving at least 42.00 per month from the last merchant account I had

May I inquire as to the previous? I was looking at BluePay and ChronoPay...still comparing.

Chronopay is for the EU, Bluepay is for the US

Copied from Chronopays FAQs:

What does my business need to obtain an Internet Merchant Account and get set up to receive payments on my web site?

The only essential requirements to obtain a merchant account are as follows:

1. a registered company with official EU presence;

2. a business settlement bank account, opened for your company;

3. an Internet site;

4. a product or service that does not fall under any restriction; (Please find more about restricted products and services in our special section)

You can always contact our representatives at sales@chronopay.com to receive all information regarding necessary documents acquirer may request for merchant account obtaining for Your Internet project)

Dont you think thats kind of an important detail? =P

Quote by mstorman
i am saving at least 42.00 per month from the last merchant account I had

May I inquire as to the previous? I was looking at BluePay and ChronoPay...still comparing.

My previous Merchant account was with LinkPoint. LinkPoint was $42.00 more per month than BluePay was. That is due to the fact that LinkPoint charges a Gateway Fee, Statement Fee, Minimum Transaction Fee, Customer Support Fee, etc.. They are fee crazy :)

Stick with BluePay, they rule.