Blog 1.0

does it support view blogs by category or poster?

It does support viewing by category, eg: http://www.tjphippen.com/blog/1/uncategorized but doesn't yet support viewing by poster. Thanks for the idea, I'll add that to the next release among many other things.

Currently "the poster" is the admin who creates the post, but I'm working on adding multiple options for this and also the ability to grant access only to certain admins :)

Great module, with 1 observation, and one request for help.

You suggest referring tom your site for support, but I can't find a post a in your own blog against which to comment :)

Seriously works very well - EXCEPT - I am not using the portal theme (as is suggested in the install instructions), so have uploaded in my custom theme.

when opening each individual blog post, the template formatting is lost, which makes me think that it isn't picking up my own theme. Is the the "/portal/" directory hard coded into the php file? Or is this somehow a bug?

Cheers

As a follow-up to my last post, I though I should check whether turning off SEO had any effect. It did. Without that ticked the blkog comment post page works fine. So 'perhaps' there is something wrong with my htaccess file, or the Baseurl setting for that page.

As a follow-up to my last post, I though I should check whether turning off SEO had any effect. It did. Without that ticked the blkog comment post page works fine. So 'perhaps' there is something wrong with my htaccess file, or the Baseurl setting for that page.

Keep the suggestions and noticed bugs coming.. As always, if you can tell me your installed URL I'll be better able to see what issues you're having. :)

As far as the "portal" template.. You can use it with whatever template you'd like.

Thanks TJ, actually had nothing to do with the template. It was my baseurl setting inside header. Once I set that for the blog.php, all worked well.

here's a screen shot.

Alos I noticed that the admin has the choice of approving or deleting a blog, but no way of reviewing it before doing so.

In the next release, would it be possible to make the title a clickable link to enable reviewing and text editing/sanitising?

blog1.jpg

Thanks TJ, actually had nothing to do with the template. It was my baseurl setting inside header. Once I set that for the blog.php, all worked well.

here's a screen shot.

Alos I noticed that the admin has the choice of approving or deleting a blog, but no way of reviewing it before doing so.

In the next release, would it be possible to make the title a clickable link to enable reviewing and text editing/sanitising?

Yeah, that's a good idea.. I'd though briefly about that. Perhaps a popup or alternate page to view and edit comments? There will inevitably be quite a bit more features in the next release and that's why I'm taking so long to release it.

• 8 months later...