quotepdf.tpl with recurring and term

This is just a template trick, not a modification to WHMCS. If you add [recur: XXX] or [term: XXX] to an invoice line item, the template will parse that out and use it. The recur should be one of monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, biennially, but it could be others. The term has no limits as it is not used for calculation, but will commonly be something like "1 year".

This does not take into account taxes, and is only good for US currency. This also moves stuff around to suit us.

The template is written against WHMCS 4.0.0

quotepdf.tpl.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I like this quoting addon, But I need a little help with it:

Qty Description Recur Term Unit Price Total

1 Web Design - Business Card one time $20.00 $20.00

1 Single Domain Hosting - Startup Hosting 29.85 monthly $0.00 $0.00

1 Secure socket Layer - Standard SSL one time $89.00 $89.00

1 Services - Search Engine Marketing 499.95 annually $0.00 $0.00

One Time $109.00

29.85 Recurring $0.00

499.95 Recurring $0.00

The monthly and yearly recur aren't in the boxes they should be in, they report as 0.00. Also it does tell you if it is yearly or monthly, "29.85 Recurring $0.00" would be perfect if it displayed like Monthly Recurring $29.85, and the "499.95 Recurring $0.00" displayed Yearly Recurring $499.95.

If you could make a drop down monthly, yearly, that would be more user friendly

• 2 weeks later...

I followed your directions, and I never really got it to work like I wanted it to, I dont just "covert" quotes to invoices, I reenter all of the info back in, I use the note section to insert what I will do for that customer, and all the rest of the quote is the legal stuff. the biggest issue for me using your script is the bottom tallys just dont add up and they dont seem to line up either

• 2 months later...
This is just a template trick, not a modification to WHMCS. If you add [recur: XXX] or [term: XXX] to an invoice line item, the template will parse that out and use it. The recur should be one of monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, biennially, but it could be others. The term has no limits as it is not used for calculation, but will commonly be something like "1 year".

This does not take into account taxes, and is only good for US currency. This also moves stuff around to suit us.

The template is written against WHMCS 4.0.0

Very nice work, thank you for sharing this! I've been having trouble wrapping my brain around how the PDFs are created, and this gives me a good start.

• 2 weeks later...
I followed your directions, and I never really got it to work like I wanted it to, I dont just "covert" quotes to invoices, I reenter all of the info back in, I use the note section to insert what I will do for that customer, and all the rest of the quote is the legal stuff. the biggest issue for me using your script is the bottom tallys just dont add up and they dont seem to line up either

Thank for this script once I got the products reformatted it works great!!!!