Action Hook Vars

josh6025

Hi -

I just did a print_r($vars); inside the action hook.

Remember, though, that they do not work as you might expect. These are general action hooks. In order to make an action hook actually do anything, it needs to be inside a custom module. I've spent (in some cases, wasted :( ) several days trying to figure this out from support. I'm disappointed, but I suppose it makes sense - why would I want these action hooks - which I'm using to set up other products and services that WHMCS does not directly integrate with - run every single time any module did anything?

Thanks

-dant

Hi -

I just did a print_r($vars); inside the action hook.

Remember, though, that they do not work as you might expect. These are general action hooks. In order to make an action hook actually do anything, it needs to be inside a custom module.

Yes and no, you can check from the vars the module that the product is using then just call your code conditionally on these modules. Poweeful integration is possible and can be done, also v4 has even more hook points which will allow even futher integration. Anything is possible you just have to think outside the box.

Hi -

I'm about to light the box on fire, honestly. I understand at this point where the action hooks apply, what they do etc etc. Since none of this is even documented to begin with, most of my time has been spent trying to see what I can execute, where, using a combination of debug_backtrace(), print_r(), and just writing to temp test files :(

Thanks

-dant

Hi -

So... using a module Action button will subsequently have the effect of changing the Status of the Product as seen by WHMCS?

Also, when a payment type is declined, which field is initiated/change? That actual Status field, or my Module command?

How come this isn't documented? Its not. Fact. Do you know how much that sucks? What gives?

Thanks

-dant

>using a module Action button will subsequently have the effect of changing the Status

yes

>Also, when a payment type is declined, which field is initiated/change?

the module function is called, same as manually clicking the button

>How come this isn't documented

because the documentation's not "matured" yet