What is the problem if not using Fraud check?

dotcom22

Hi everybody

I would like to know what the real goal to use a service like Telesign? Normally is for prevent spam ? It is also a kind of identify verification...?

Anyway what can be the motivation to somebody to use a host and associate domain with incorrect personal data ? It is like if someone register a domain and put incorrect personal data..If is the case that would be say domain and host are not your but to inexistent person or other person then provided data...so in practice this person don't have any right about domain and host..

I don't see why somebody want register a domain, order a host, make payment with Paypal or other CC gateway (with their own payment fraud check) and in final do that with wrong personal data...Probably for build a website with illegal contain ? I imagine any user with bad intention can always bypass this kind of protection...Maybe by providing a phone number of a public place (public telephone, restaurant, school or other) and just wait the call and confirm order....

Another things: Until now in my "web host life" I have order many domain using different registrar (For example typically Networksolution one of the most big registrar in the world)..but none of them have a phone check service...why ?

Please any comment about fraud check that very useful for me...It just for take decision to subscribe or not to a kind of service like that..

thanks

Anyway what can be the motivation to somebody to use a host and associate domain with incorrect personal data ? It is like if someone register a domain and put incorrect personal data..If is the case that would be say domain and host are not your but to inexistent person or other person then provided data...so in practice this person don't have any right about domain and host..

We had one account that setup an account

bought the new domainname and everything,

setup to take paypal

then using stolen credit cards they purchased almost $50,000 worth of bogus merchandise....

the idea ws to place the order and use paypals option of no account required to use cc......

they ran this * for a few days and cleared out.

paypal didnt know and the owners of the CC didnt know till it was too late.

and they used stolen cc to setup the account with us.