Automatic account termination not working

chris_j

Hi Matt,

When the time comes to terminate the accounts from CPanel (due to non-renewal), I get the cron mail notification (WHMCS Cron Job Activity daily email), which says "Manual Terminate Required: John Doe - domainxxxx.com (Due Date: xx/xx/xxxx)". Why doesn't WHMCS automatically terminate those accounts? By the way, auto-suspension works fine.

I have already checked "Enable Termination" option in Automation Settings screen, and have also set "Termination Days" = 7.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 4 months later...

I have had this same problem for the last 8 clients that were terminated dating as far back as several weeks ago. I was told that There must have been an error such as account not found, could not login, etc... Come on for every one so far. I have never had a successful automatic termination yet!

in my case, this cannot be such an error. If i terminate them manually from within whmcs, the account is terminated successfully. If the cronjob runs, it just reports error in termination in the activity log ... Although auto suspension works correctly for the same accounts, auto termination does not work for any of them.

i have the exact same problem. Did you finally manage to resolve it somehow ?

Nope, not yet. My auto termination never worked. So, I terminate them manually as necessary. A little annoyance though, but not a big deal.

• 5 weeks later...

Single termination of accounts from inside WHMCS on CPanel-11 works fine.

Auto termination by cron job always fails and lists them to be done manually

It worked under CPanel-10.

Suspends only seem to work automatically for accounts created by WHMCS, and fails for those manually added as orders that already existed on the server. Almost as if its "remembering" that it didnt create the user/account, so isnt trying to delete it.